Slags & Swirls Saturday!!

William

German Stiped transparent, German double tunnel and CAC road and tunnel.

You have a German-striped transparent (ST) which is like CAC stripped transparents but are different, not to be confused with a CAC.

In short, CAC is more appealing. 

From what I have seen, it appears that older German ST's (Striped Transparents) may look just like CAC too., it's just a little tricky sorting them. 

Here is a sampling where the large marbles here are double Tunnels. These may look like a CAC, but nobody knows who made it. The ST 'at least Germany does take claim to the smaller and or transparent and white stripped we just do not know exactly who made the double tunnel.. Uniquely, Double Tunnel can look a lot like a CACV and Road and Tunnel, but tricky to realize for many. Also, the Double tunnel's always have three flavors in them. 

The orange and white includes colorless clear which makes up 3 streams ('Flavors)'.).

The large dark blue (Most like a CAC above all).  Also 3 steams of glass (Near bottom right Dark Transparent Blue, white and clear).  If it was not for the 3 remarkable streams, it would be considered a CAC hands down. It is that special.

The 5/8" STs contains 1 German that is actually a R&T but I took this shot 20 years ago and forgot which one.🙃

It's close if not all of the different colors they were made in except the obvious not here which is red. No dark blue in 5/8"' but there's white, green, medium blue, yellow (Hard to find) a couple of shades in Amber and Lavender.

DoubleTunnelsandstripedtransparentFmebayGermany.jpg.65f40f372c41c53706dfa9f1d71e037d.jpg

I put this group together to show the variances between them.

• Like 3

Another old photo from my old money-marbles bag series, in 2002.  MFC Hand-gathered, 9's and swirls. A 1-1/4" MFC, various 5/8-3/4" Oxblood Bricks, including a 7/8" Akro Black brick, (right of green slag, abought right-center) and even a Vacor Hand gathered 1" Atmosphere in CAC lavender/Yellow cobra colors.  (Giant Vacor H-G Cobra)

Moreover, from beginning of MFC to End Vacor company's production in one bag. 

MFCgroup12192002.jpg.9931fe81bf391912ef37da37b03598c8.jpg

• Like 4