Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Wow, those are great marbles, Jeff, and a good story to go with them. Is there a noticeable seam or two on that red lace? I think I might see one but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm now tempted to break out the old RR VHS tapes too. lol

Ha, yeah, It might have been a RR VHS. I forget though, except never forgot as they sold for quite a premium price.

Seam in the left and the right shows it's not a single seam. The white spot, IDK except I made all the photos in 2003 and it must have gotten degraded for the old scratchy disk.

18 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Electric red 'Lace' clear swirl:

"Lace" like this is rarely ever seen or known of. That was the name of the very first had seen, either red or orange. This is red in hand but close up it's mixing with orange.  Obviously not like others known as CAC lace, not even the same make-up if striped transparent or modern swirls. 

IDK Brian E or Les J. tagged em as 'Lace. 'Perhaps Danny Turner did it as it might have been one of his Running rabbit auctions whenever I'd first seen them. They are more distinctive than an Electric Orange Slag/Swirl with a lacy appearance verse layered or striped transparent.. 

Apparently fare more rare than any other CAC as today I looked thorough the archives and not one in it.

A Ebay auction without reserve and poor photos claimed they were found in an old can in a garage, in Cambridge. One was claimed as a Cobra and all others as Christensen Agate.

Word of warning: If you were to make that claim, dam well better shoot some clear photos!

Been so long ago but I think Mike Rios was bidding and or I knew my competition was a extra high player. So, I knew odds might be slim if he could see what I hoped.

This one photo was not clear but, hoped it was an Electric orange. There were one or two others but I only wanted to risk to get 1. While at it I sniped the cobra at last seconds 40 bucks or so. .

Seller was so disappointed, end of auction as apparently, Mike, or?, and I were the only story gamblers on each auction sale. I was able to make out the black and white well enough and so, the seller added them at start price but got  no bids $5 each to my final amount.

Whenever I received the whole set, the near impossible was a dead-on nail. Everything but one (Blue and yellow) are fresh out of the old can mint!

And curiously, potentially, province: the transparent green coral may be CAC too.

Not easy to get a good photo of the Lace and the Cobra/Cyclone even harder, Whole set, last photo I took that, and you can see, those two are not easy to show em for what they are:

castrplaceelctorng.jpg.3221b4fc50942c73c34207c0f5257289.jpg

2135870401_58th-StrptXparntElectCyclone2.jpg.1719cf9beb33f302f2c0a1e2a8d587f8.jpg

1521045349_FoundingarageatCambridgeOH.jpg.26da2a0a622d0ff7dec115743b1facf7.jpg

Very unique mib Jeff 👍 and cool group shot thanks for posting ,I enjoy looking at these mibs your posting ,I’m sure it’s the only chance il ever get to see some of these , that yellow submarine you posted is wild looking 

On 5/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, akroorka said:

This one is just killer. I wish that I knew who made it.
Let’s just call it a hair or two under 1".
Yep-- R2-D2, the true hero of the Star Wars saga. 
I collect Star Wars stuff--especially R2-D2 things.
Great graphics and color are included in this one. I was surprised when I received it to tell the truth. 
Collect what you like—I do.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Who does not like R2 D2 cool mib Art 

• Thanks 1

This one just never quits.

A few things probably long forgotten: Somebody who writes and publishes books once wrote and with a photo, said this blue with brown was a MFC Persian blue oxblood. :(. Yet that marble in the book was a CAC without the electric orange. 2nd photo close-up of the orange added.

Yet another feature that actually happens occasionally, which I had not noticed at first. It wasn't until I began photographing it, shown at the right angle, looks like an eyeball and this feature had been promoted as a 'CAC Eye' many years ago. Not exactly  certain as it was well over 20-25 years ago, the guy who I'd always remembered that had dubbed them as 'CAC Eye' was Brian Estep. If not Brian then, somebody who was well respected CAC expert is his league..

caelectorngstrpopeque.jpg.f3e3bb35d63a44b7d6eb854c91767ec1.jpg

444386657_ExcelentstripedopaqueClose-up.thumb.jpg.324acb88a38b3c37b49784f8741da8b0.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/28/2023 at 4:46 PM, Jeff54 said:

This one just never quits.

A few things probably long forgotten: Somebody who writes and publishes books once wrote and with a photo, said this blue with brown was a MFC Persian blue oxblood. :(. Yet that marble in the book was a CAC without the electric orange. 2nd photo close-up of the orange added.

Yet another feature that actually happens occasionally, which I had not noticed at first. It wasn't until I began photographing it, shown at the right angle, looks like an eyeball and this feature had been promoted as a 'CAC Eye' many years ago. Not exactly  certain as it was well over 20-25 years ago, the guy who I'd always remembered that had dubbed them as 'CAC Eye' was Brian Estep. If not Brian then, somebody who was well respected CAC expert is his league..

caelectorngstrpopeque.jpg.f3e3bb35d63a44b7d6eb854c91767ec1.jpg

444386657_ExcelentstripedopaqueClose-up.thumb.jpg.324acb88a38b3c37b49784f8741da8b0.jpg

Killer Cac Jeff, wild pattern on it 👍