Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

4 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

Hi here’s a cool colour mib ,for this Sundays best

Nice marble, Dave. I agree, it's a great color too - I really like that brown tone.

• Thanks 1

This one is just killer. I wish that I knew who made it.
Let’s just call it a hair or two under 1".
Yep-- R2-D2, the true hero of the Star Wars saga. 
I collect Star Wars stuff--especially R2-D2 things.
Great graphics and color are included in this one. I was surprised when I received it to tell the truth. 
Collect what you like—I do.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

After having seen the leftovers after the previous show when they turned up, Les Johns had those in Amana 2002, they were the real deal albeit by then what he had out on display, in his room, were picked through and not perfectly round. The next month on Ebay he listed better. But, Thelma, if I recall her name, began listing hers before that. She was also In Cambridge and somehow part of the dug-up find. There were no rejects or poorly shaped marbles of what she sold. 

Thanks to folks fighting and arguing L.J.'s sold at higher prices for his popularity while Thelma's were more affordable. 

A little patience and Thelma came through for me with, arguably, one of the most unusual mint CAC's you could imagine. (See 2nd closeup photo with awesome color mixing)

Calling some CAC's "Submarine" was popular and so, when I began photographing, it was not an idea I'd thought; far-fetched.

"We all live in ah"

cayellowsubmerine.jpg.71de545a144f78ed4ae48c551a0ac248.jpg

"Yellow submarine!"

283835851_CACYellowSubmarineclose-up.thumb.jpg.7b1c3b283e968e574a76bc3438f54ed7.jpg

"YELLOW SUBMARINE."

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Electric red 'Lace' clear swirl:

"Lace" like this is rarely ever seen or known of. That was the name of the very first had seen, either red or orange. This is red in hand but close up it's mixing with orange.  Obviously not like others known as CAC lace, not even the same make-up if striped transparent or modern swirls. 

IDK Brian E or Les J. tagged em as 'Lace. 'Perhaps Danny Turner did it as it might have been one of his Running rabbit auctions whenever I'd first seen them. They are more distinctive than an Electric Orange Slag/Swirl with a lacy appearance verse layered or striped transparent.. 

Apparently fare more rare than any other CAC as today I looked thorough the archives and not one in it.

A Ebay auction without reserve and poor photos claimed they were found in an old can in a garage, in Cambridge. One was claimed as a Cobra and all others as Christensen Agate.

Word of warning: If you were to make that claim, dam well better shoot some clear photos!

Been so long ago but I think Mike Rios was bidding and or I knew my competition was a extra high player. So, I knew odds might be slim if he could see what I hoped.

This one photo was not clear but, hoped it was an Electric orange. There were one or two others but I only wanted to risk to get 1. While at it I sniped the cobra at last seconds 40 bucks or so. .

Seller was so disappointed, end of auction as apparently, Mike, or?, and I were the only story gamblers on each auction sale. I was able to make out the black and white well enough and so, the seller added them at start price but got  no bids $5 each to my final amount.

Whenever I received the whole set, the near impossible was a dead-on nail. Everything but one (Blue and yellow) are fresh out of the old can mint!

And curiously, potentially, province: the transparent green coral may be CAC too.

Not easy to get a good photo of the Lace and the Cobra/Cyclone even harder, Whole set, last photo I took that, and you can see, those two are not easy to show em for what they are:

castrplaceelctorng.jpg.3221b4fc50942c73c34207c0f5257289.jpg

2135870401_58th-StrptXparntElectCyclone2.jpg.1719cf9beb33f302f2c0a1e2a8d587f8.jpg

1521045349_FoundingarageatCambridgeOH.jpg.26da2a0a622d0ff7dec115743b1facf7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Award 1

On 5/7/2023 at 5:14 PM, akroorka said:

This one is just killer. I wish that I knew who made it.
Let’s just call it a hair or two under 1".
Yep-- R2-D2, the true hero of the Star Wars saga. 
I collect Star Wars stuff--especially R2-D2 things.
Great graphics and color are included in this one. I was surprised when I received it to tell the truth. 
Collect what you like—I do.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Wow Art I didn't know that you collect Star Wars things I use to! I remember when I was 10 and theatre so packed I had to stand up in the back of movies and watch The New Hope 1977 good old days!! you should share some of your items!! that would be great!! Thank you for sharing! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Electric red 'Lace' clear swirl . . .

Wow, those are great marbles, Jeff, and a good story to go with them. Is there a noticeable seam or two on that red lace? I think I might see one but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm now tempted to break out the old RR VHS tapes too. lol