Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

@Chad G. Nice fine lines on a couple of those, Chad - great marbles!

@Carowill Bunch of nice swirls there, Bill.

@akroorka Nice marbles and photos, Art. I appreciate the close-up. Do you know how many different types/colors of these were made? All I know is I wish I would have filled the shopping cart when I saw them on sale at Toys R' Us several years back for $2.98/net - I didn't even buy one!

9 hours ago, Ric said:

@Chad G. Nice fine lines on a couple of those, Chad - great marbles!

@Carowill Bunch of nice swirls there, Bill.

@akroorka Nice marbles and photos, Art. I appreciate the close-up. Do you know how many different types/colors of these were made? All I know is I wish I would have filled the shopping cart when I saw them on sale at Toys R' Us several years back for $2.98/net - I didn't even buy one!

Whoever designed Vacor's Atmosphere colors insured that simulating CAC's colors were part of the palette. I mean, not all but the very first one I'd seen was a match for a Guinea on clear, except it was about an inch big. Somebody I'd known brought it to me to attempt to verify what it was, a CAC or what? 

Every color on it matched the colors on my Guineas and the pattern looked right too. If it wasn't so big, could fool a lot of people.

I only picked up one Hand gathered Cyclone because the Lavender and yellow are a match for the same by CAC. 

Only took a photo (Attached below) of it inside this group over 20 years ago. 

I meant to ask Pete @ Land of marbles, if and or what he had a hand in the making of them since he had created and owned Mega marbles at the time but forgot. I had known and private friends with him since he'd first began collecting marbles.  Regardless, I presume, because he was mad about CAC marbles, Vacor's Atmosphere marbles were of Pete's doing. 

1885267932_StripedgermanslagsMiscWVSandVacorAtmosphere.thumb.jpg.892dbb9ac3d6ca06f4102d5f542de003.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

This is my best Ric--as you can see--a few came with "lutz"

This is great stuff, Art -thanks for posting it!

But now i am a little confused. In the text it says there are "18 styles chosen for their uniqueness" but the highest numbered style shown in the accompanying photo is 51. Do you think there are really only 18 different styles? And I always thought the Atmospheres were larger marbles, yet in the pic they are showing three distinct sizes of each. Have you ever seen a 5/8" Atmosphere? So many questions . . .

15 hours ago, Ric said:

Have you ever seen a 5/8" Atmosphere?

Nope, The small ones in the images are 25mm, or around one inch. These were the size sold in nets at ToyRus.

The two biggers sizes were special order only. 45mm and 50MM ( mighty rare on both larger sizes).

All sizes are +- a few mm because they were handgathered.

Marble--On!!

9 hours ago, akroorka said:

Do you know how many different types/colors of these were made?

No, Like most others I guess, I expected they'd be around for some time to come and did not give them much attention. That advertisement shows smaller examples but, I think it's a promotion that never materialized and or marketed. Apparently, the different sizes were made as the marbles in it are photographs, but I think, had they sold in the USA Collectors would have seen them back then and by now..

On 7/18/2023 at 1:48 PM, Jeff54 said:

That advertisement shows smaller examples but, I think it's a promotion that never materialized and or marketed. 

Non factual update here. 
These (many) advertisements came from a glass dealer to me about 25 years ago. 
I purchased a few from the seller on ebay and asked for some more. He had these ads and whatever he could find, he sent me. The marbles came packed in not USA made card board with hand written model numbers. I had no reason to doubt what was purchased. I kept everything except for the sellers name and address.
It is still my belief that some of these, including the weirder stuff were marketed in the good ole USA.
They were more than likely marketed in old mall gift shops, sadly most of these are in landfills in my humble opinion.
This is just speculation on my part. I do know that old Mall stores tossed a lot of great stuff out (they still do). If it did not move—out to the dumpster it went. 
I have contacted enough of the old mall managers through a daughter of mine (love her) of these shops that have remembered this name—“Atmosphere” to give it at least a bit of credit.
Marble—On!!

On 7/22/2023 at 6:26 PM, akroorka said:

Non factual update here. 
These (many) advertisements came from a glass dealer to me about 25 years ago. 
I purchased a few from the seller on ebay and asked for some more. He had these ads and whatever he could find, he sent me. The marbles came packed in not USA made card board with hand written model numbers. I had no reason to doubt what was purchased. I kept everything except for the sellers name and address.
It is still my belief that some of these, including the weirder stuff were marketed in the good ole USA.
They were more than likely marketed in old mall gift shops, sadly most of these are in landfills in my humble opinion.
This is just speculation on my part. I do know that old Mall stores tossed a lot of great stuff out (they still do). If it did not move—out to the dumpster it went. 
I have contacted enough of the old mall managers through a daughter of mine (love her) of these shops that have remembered this name—“Atmosphere” to give it at least a bit of credit.
Marble—On!!

Whoa, that's up to the big Ol 'two inch range, HUGE-A!

I just happened across a couple of the  Vacor Atmospheres Guinea style that @bumblebee uploaded from Alan B's auctions. Light blue transparent base was probably the same as the 1st one I had seen, pretty much just before the word got out. Probably whenever Toys R us 1st stocked them. They are filed as  'cac' but that's an error. 

First one is 15/16" and the other is a full inch, 1":

large.mint-15-16-christensen-agate-guine

FROM THE ALBUM: "MARBLEALAN AUCTION PHOTOS"

large.cac-one-inch-guinea-1e.jpg.2b8952f

2 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Whoa, that's up to the big Ol 'two inch range, HUGE-A!

I just happened across a couple of the Guinea style that @bumblebee uploaded from Allen B's auctions. Light blue transparent was probably the same as the 1st one I had seen, pretty much just before the word got out. Probably whenever Toys are us 1st stocked them.

first one is 15/16" and the other is a full inch, 1":

large.mint-15-16-christensen-agate-guine

FROM THE ALBUM: "MARBLEALAN AUCTION PHOTOS"

large.cac-one-inch-guinea-1e.jpg.2b8952f

WOW!!😳

I’m going cryptic here. I got this from AGB in a FB. I have a dilemma on my hands. One of the newest Jabos is my Sunday Best. This will be the first set of pics. The second marble is just flat out ugly. But…it’s the Best Ugly marble in my collect. “God Loves Ugly”  Who knows who I just quoted🔥

RAR

EE1BE0B9-FA48-4A68-B58A-66C84B4B184E.jpeg

8222B95A-0986-4E8C-BA08-AA7E9B8212EA.jpeg

• Wow 1

12 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

OK ! Here come the ugly.

FUBAR for sure--but is an attempt at oxblood ever that bad??

Ugly is good--sometimes---maybe the maker will get a handle on this stuff and quit practicing on us.

Marble--On!!

• 2 weeks later...