pontil on one end but the other looks cut? .55

Jeremysvt

39 minutes ago, Jeremysvt said:

IMG_8030.JPG

Thanks for the pic. Faceted pontils are notoriously tough to photograph and it's hard for me to tell for sure. It does look like it's a flat spot, but it seems a little off to me.

33 minutes ago, Ric said:

Thanks for the pic. Faceted pontils are notoriously tough to photograph and it's hard for me to tell for sure. It does look like it's a flat spot, but it seems a little off to me.

it is a flat spot and yes hard to capture

49 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Faceting has multiple "flat spots" like the faceting on a gem stone thus the term "faceted". I agree, faceting can be very hard to see sometimes : light faceting, wear, damage etc... 

i would saay it is faceted 100%

Just the pictures misleading. The very last picture at the very bottom of the marble. The thin dark line looks like a fracture.  If I tilt my computer screen or move the computer farther and closer the marble details look different. The marble looks like a different blue color in this last picture. I could see a pontil in pictures #3 & 4.  The last picture looked like a chip even a lighter whitish color. Which chips sometimes do. 

22 hours ago, wvrons said:

Just the pictures misleading. The very last picture at the very bottom of the marble. The thin dark line looks like a fracture.  If I tilt my computer screen or move the computer farther and closer the marble details look different. The marble looks like a different blue color in this last picture. I could see a pontil in pictures #3 & 4.  The last picture looked like a chip even a lighter whitish color. Which chips sometimes do. 

The pics are out-of-focus - leaving a fair amount of room for guesswork.