Found these in my drawer

boris64

Pelt Rainbos did show up quite a bit in unmarked “Jobber Boxes”. I posted a more common one below. You can just make out the pink color next to the faded along with the embossed design.
An image of the top of your box will help to determine authenticity.
There are some larger “Sparklers” floating around that do not have the desired number of colors in them. As I recall these were all dug from the plant gounds. Yours may also be a “Foreign made Sparkler”.
Nice way to display Rainbos!
All opinions are welcomed.
Marble—On!!

two.JPG

I've got a couple of 7/8 that are quite similar too that one, Boris...if I remember correctly, mine had a little more color too them, but construction was really close.

I think the initial thoughts on mine were Master if I remember correctly...

@Chad, I think you have one too? I'm not at home too share any pictures and don't have the time too find the threads.

Nice marbles!

19 hours ago, William said:

I've got a couple of 7/8 that are quite similar too that one, Boris...if I remember correctly, mine had a little more color too them, but construction was really close.

I think the initial thoughts on mine were Master if I remember correctly...

@Chad, I think you have one too? I'm not at home too share any pictures and don't have the time too find the threads.

Nice marbles!

My posts regarding the marbles that I have that are similar, I posted in the ID thread November 13th and 14th last year. 

Sorry, not home yet too provide fresh pics and it's not allowing me to transfer the images from that thread to here...I think I titled it Master's Cats Eye...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chad G. said:

THinkin yours is an example of a Euro type sparkler, although not that colorful still one IMO, I could be mistaken, maybe a few more pix of just the seams to make sure if you could ??

image.png.537fcb180e80c008a1a258cdb3c10c83.png

I spy yellow and hints of blue maybe,  hints green maybe too, and white. This marble, you've clipped out of boris64 's photo, I think  is an big Akro. There are Big Akro's that were dug-up at factory and contain 2-3, even 4 or more colors that Sparklers have and lean to pastel flavors.  White and  yellow and or or blue and white and some with light blue with white and yellow like mine, is usual.  I think there's some where green can exist with white and one or all of the colors too. Most  of those would have Oxblood on em and a few did not.  They have the inner characteristics of a big Sparker, but just did not have the full color spectrum the 5/8" usually do. I think this marble appears to be one where I would make a comparison to this yellow on a Sparker before putting it to rest as a Euro. . 

I do have what I am referring to, in fact, one of each; with and without oxblood. My oxblood verity only has light blue inside and it doesn't even have a Sparkler type core yet many others do :(.. Apologies as I do not have photo to show currently and it's going to be a while before I will photograph for show and tell. I got a bunch of other marbles to do, in line, back logged until I can get my camera balanced properly, ahead of it. 

However, I think somebody probably has photographed the big ones in clear and oxblood on them. Most are just about like that, while only a few may be availed without oxblood. 

Cut lines are straight, sparkler core and at least one of the various pastel colors or just white is probable. That may key this in for positive. The more I look at this photo, the more it looks just about the same as mine without oxblood. . Albeit, mine has a tiny hairline, where it may have wanted to get oxblood, but does not look as such where color could say 'horsehair oxblood' rather, more like a burnt hairline coloration. 

5 hours ago, boris64 said:

Here are some more pics .... I found these with it

388378A9-F732-45CC-A64D-BDB432E812DE.jpeg

D5EA4F71-9840-4F47-AB31-7F895D69AEE8.jpeg

613CF8B0-BB48-4538-81D0-E3D2C9DAE29C.jpeg

A028A769-DC6A-474F-950D-B0782698362D.jpeg

804E1CE7-C2EA-4BA1-9FDF-B4F059F347B2.jpeg

F67C512A-D835-46BC-A659-DB17509E8DE9.jpeg

22C53ADB-6ABE-4FEB-A29E-FBA299C4730A.jpeg

890E089B-65F7-4745-9083-1A3F79F5D8F4.jpeg

Hey there, Boris....how about some close ups of some of those other mibs in the baggies.

Your marble does appear too resemble the 2 I shared. Jeff is thinking Akro with yours...shoot, I'd be happy with that to 😊

On 11/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, William said:

The other, also 7/8...

16689565874834916478338594104531.jpg

16689566111728646811831860042244.jpg

16689566294597020395717610470334.jpg

1668956696015902525944328456186.jpg

William, yes, yours look Master.  A 1950's version which were sometimes sold under the label of cat's eye  when in Master packaging.  They were also more famously jobbered by Alox.  

Sparklers used to all have five or six colors. But smaller numbers of colors were found in Akro Sparklers. So the name sparkler has opened up wide so it fits many marbles now. Sparkler name lost a lot of its meaning and value. Lots of cat eye marbles has turned into sparklers. You can probably label any marble above as a sparkler. The name does not mean a lot of money or much value any longer. Sparkler prices or values now can range from $2.00 to $200.00.  Sparkler name used to mean a good $75.00 to $150.00. It is a much bigger lot to pick from now and a big range of prices or value. Call them Sparkler or Cat Eye or vaned marble or make a brand new name. 

Yeah, on this one @7/8" I still can't rule out as an Akro and what I thought might be blue in there, like mine has, I cannot see anymore. I was not sure I saw green in your other photo but sure enough that's there while mine doesn't have green..

613CF8B0-BB48-4538-81D0-E3D2C9DAE29C.jpeg

The difference in the euro or possibly French verities is that they are found larger than 7/8" and how they are cut at the polls are usually pointy. Regular sizes are much the same but it seems; 'The bigger the better' because they can have more colors, feathers etc.. 

Now I cannot say it looks as close as my white, yellow and light blue Akro as the previous clipped photo did is, as mine is more of a solid core sparkler verity. However, the similar with a nice oxblood patch I have, from Akro dig, only has a few slivers of blue without solid core style. So, like I said; whether oxblood or not, they are the same, run, as it were, 7/8" marble.

They will not have a pointy cut off as the Euro does but an obvious strait too maybe a slight curved one. 

So, in your case look for that.