My haul from the Panama City Beach show...

cheese

Lots of stuff. Some common, some very uncommon. See what you spot mixed in there. There are a lot of good ones. I have a lot of photography to do lol. It was a slow show this year, mostly because of how the hotel refused to work with us last year. But this year they were great. They put us all on one floor and left us alone, they were very accommodating. In spite of it being a smaller turnout, I made out pretty well. I made some new friends and got some good marbles. Taught some people more about machine mades and ate some good meals. There was some top shelf stuff there in the handmade department. $5k each and up on some. Black mica, painted sulphide over 2 inches, saw some rare boxes and just had a good time. I meant to take pics in the conference room but I was so wrapped up in the discussions and digging around in marbles that I totally forgot to. But here are the spoils... 

DSCN9431.jpg

DSCN9430.jpg

DSCN9429.jpg

DSCN9428.jpg

DSCN9427.jpg

DSCN9426.jpg

DSCN9425.jpg

DSCN9424.jpg

DSCN9423.jpg

DSCN9422.jpg

DSCN9421.jpg

• Wow 2
  • Award 1

12 hours ago, cheese said:

Lots of stuff. Some common, some very uncommon. See what you spot mixed in there. There are a lot of good ones. I have a lot of photography to do lol. It was a slow show this year, mostly because of how the hotel refused to work with us last year. But this year they were great. They put us all on one floor and left us alone, they were very accommodating. In spite of it being a smaller turnout, I made out pretty well. I made some new friends and got some good marbles. Taught some people more about machine mades and ate some good meals. There was some top shelf stuff there in the handmade department. $5k each and up on some. Black mica, painted sulphide over 2 inches, saw some rare boxes and just had a good time. I meant to take pics in the conference room but I was so wrapped up in the discussions and digging around in marbles that I totally forgot to. But here are the spoils... 

DSCN9431.jpg

DSCN9430.jpg

DSCN9429.jpg

DSCN9428.jpg

DSCN9427.jpg

DSCN9426.jpg

DSCN9425.jpg

DSCN9424.jpg

DSCN9423.jpg

DSCN9422.jpg

DSCN9421.jpg

2 green transparent alley flame-y swirls next to the veggies pretending they're Dutch What is in the Big boy bags, hiding behind the old vinyl, like maybe Peltier surprises? Is that a Lightning bolt under it? Veggy Orange and blue and red and blue on white, so hard to find.

Jeff, yes those two are Alley calligraphies. Not flashy but nice. The big boy bag has two 3-color big Alley shooters and they are the only reason I bought the bag. One is yellow and white on blue, the other is red, white, and blue. The lightning strike looking one is modern, it 's there because someone gave it to me. I wish it was real! Behind the big boy bag is a bag of modern MKs. The green chinese checkers box is one I already had but all I've seen had peewee pinchers in them. This one though, has peewee cateyes. So I got it. And I was excited to find the euro swirls! I can't remember who I got them from. I got them to my room in some good light (the hotel rooms are so dark) and saw how nice they were, but I couldn't remember where they came from. At the show, I asked around and nobody said they remembered selling them to me. I was going to pay them some extra. Oh well, I guess they were happy with what they sold them for because they took my money with no problem. I saw an absolutely mint green rebel sold for $35.00. I'm told they can run $1500.00. 

Ron, Don gifted me those newspapers. They were still in the envelope you mailed them to him in :D and still are. I asked him before the show if he had any paperwork, invoices, or ephemera to sell and that's what he brought but wouldn't take a dime. Said you'd be happy knowing I had it. Great guy! Ate supper with Ken Dale and his wife, not sure if he's on here or not but super folks. Ate supper with Dewey the next night, how can anyone not like him lol! He's a firecracker. 

The highlight of all my scores was this marble. I have never seen one anything like it. 7/8" shooter, mottling, flames, 4 colors minimum counting green/brown/grey/white but there is also black and tan. Not sure if those are chemical reactions or bleeds but there is a distinct line where the brown ends and the black begins, and same with the tan. I think it's 2 actual added colors but either way it's nuts! Never seen an Alley close to it and it's in pretty nice condition, especially for a shooter. I wonder if someone was goofing around/playing with colors when this was made or what. It apparently wasn't a high volume production or we'd have seen one by now. 

Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Presentation-–-Untitled-Design-_9_.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, cheese said:

The highlight of all my scores was this marble.

No kidding, Chuck - I completely agree. You scored a bunch a nice ones but this one is off the hook! I've never seen that sort of mottling in green before.

7 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

bought from oldraremarbles.com in Portland. Was it yours before?😬😬😬

No was never mine, I remember when you bought it though, I'm the one that directed you to the site last year ....  Jeff & Tammy  (  https://oldraremarbles.com/  )  are only about 50 mi. from me 

• Thanks 1