Alley or Peltier, 3/4"

Steph

Here's a screen shot of a marble posted by a friend on Facebook.  

It is a swirl.  The black does not have aventurine.    3/4"  

Everybody but me is saying Peltier.     But I am sure that Ron taught me years ago that this was Alley.  Between the swirl pattern, the base glass, and the sheen of the black that makes you hope it has aventure but it does not have aventurine, I am completely on board with this being Alley. 

What say you?  @wvrons?

2023_03_01_Sara_Facebook.jpg

I can certainly see why you'd think Alley - I would too. It does have a Pelty look to it but the ribbons that start or end in the middle of nowhere makes Pelt seem unlikely to me.

5 hours ago, Steph said:

It is a swirl.  The black does not have aventurine.    3/4"  

This one is a Peltier, no doubt in my mind.

The black may show some AV--slim but it is there.

I never judge a Pelt by AV content so it is moot regardless.

I appreciate all opinions and look for some more to be posted.

Marble--On!!

Alley for me. It is where the ribbons or swirls start and end. Very few Peltier Zebra's have the black ribbon dive under the white . The white base on the Alley is lots more translucent than Peltier Zebra  The different Zebras above all have a more opaque white base and more true black.  Plus I think the first one or the Alley is actually dark brown not black.  Very few companies had true black glass. But Peltier was one of them. Ture opaque black base glass is very unusual for any Alley.  Look at the edges of the dark color on the first marble and then the edges of the Peltier Zebras. 

The first marble dark edges enlarged look more brown than gray or black.

The Peltier Zebras dark edges enlarged look more gray, thin black.

Plus, I don't see where it makes a big difference Alley or Peltier. If neither has aventurine, they should be about the same value.  

Alley swirl mint range = $5.00-$10.00

Peltier Zebra no av mint range = $5.00-$10.00

Peltier Zebra with good av mint range = $15.00-$20.00 

• Like 1
  • Award 2

14 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Alley for me. It is where the ribbons or swirls start and end. Very few Peltier Zebra's have the black ribbon dive under the white . The white base on the Alley is lots more translucent than Peltier Zebra  The different Zebras above all have a more opaque white base and more true black.  Plus I think the first one or the Alley is actually dark brown not black.  Very few companies had true black glass. But Peltier was one of them. Ture opaque black base glass is very unusual for any Alley.  Look at the edges of the dark color on the first marble and then the edges of the Peltier Zebras. 

The first marble dark edges enlarged look more brown than gray or black.

The Peltier Zebras dark edges enlarged look more gray, thin black.

Plus, I don't see where it makes a big difference Alley or Peltier. If neither has aventurine, they should be about the same value.  

Alley swirl mint range = $5.00-$10.00

Peltier Zebra no av mint range = $5.00-$10.00

Peltier Zebra with good av mint range = $15.00-$20.00 

Thanks, Ron!