3/4 and no clue

Fire1981

39 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This is where I got Cairo stuck in my head--I put it there a few years back:confused-smileys-327: with this post.

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/27729-cairo/#comment-240082

It is similar to the OP just not similar enough. I have not seen another like it.

Ron straightened me out with this one.

Marble--On!!

Yeah, for the size, if vintage I would look toward Alley.   But without Ron :(  to tag in for a swirl opinion, who?

@Ric
@cheese

Don't want to leave anyone out. Mike, you seem a jack of all trades too.  Do you want to be on my swirl tag team?  @I'llhavethat1

2 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

OK ! I don’t know what a Serpent looks like but I appreciate all the feedback. Go Go Jabo. I’ll roll with that 🔥

RAR

I forgot an "or" after the hyphen in my original post (now fixed) - a Serpent is a Vacor.

I looked at this one two or three times before now and JABO really is the only thing that settles well with me. Could it be something else? I guess so, but I don't know what. I do know that somehow JABOs end up in old collections from people's grandparents, collections from the 40s, etc... and there are a million ways it can happen. If it's not JABO, at 3/4", Alley would be the next most likely maker by far, and I just don't see Alley in it. Alley is my focus, so although I may not be right all the time, I do feel like I have a pretty good familiarity with them. Process of elimination... 3/4" is too big for Heaton, Jackson, Davis, Champion (except for the New Old Fashioneds which this is not), and very unlikely Ravenswood. Some Cairos were that big but not this pattern and glass. It's not Pelt IMO, so I'm sticking with JABO. 

• Award 2

OK Fire,
The Chickens picked this one up and dropped it on you--just to confuse you.
Chickens are pretty smart birds--they had their fun—now eat them🐣.
It is a very cool marble and I would still sort it as an “Unknown”.
This has been a fun one.

In hand is always “The way”. Send it to someone for a final evaluation (not me-lol). Everyone here appreciates a gift.

Great thread!

Marble--On!!

4 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Are there any ideas what time line this could be from ? I guess I need to know when Jabo started making marbles🔥

Jabo started making their Classics in 1991, if memory serves.  Maybe @Nantucketdink could tell us when they started making the 3/4".  

39 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

I already dated this one as from the 2003 3/4” run when I showed the pic

Of course.  Saw that.  Thanks.  Sorry for the awkward tag. 

Still wondering when 3/4" classics started being made.   That's something I always fudge and say a generic "1990's".