Color Of The Month December Red Or Green

Scoop

Hope there is a nice glitzy or snowy theme for December!??

Ziggyzora made this request in the last November color post....

So, here's the challenge!! Marbles should be predominant in either red or green (or Both!!)

But, they must have "snowy" mica!!!

Ready, Set......... GO!!!!

Guest FeelingMarbleous

LOL i see this going to be s slow month for this thread, with only contemps and handmades lol

And wb Sue, i have some mibs i want you to look at for me in the next few days...

Ziggyzora made this request in the last November color post....

So, here's the challenge!! Marbles should be predominant in either red or green (or Both!!)

But, they must have "snowy" mica!!!

I'll comment that some of these recent monthly color "themes" seem to be bordering on the very complex to the point of excluding many on the board from participating. I would urge those who plan to be so specific to consider that complex, hard-to-find color concepts may be seen as creative - but they are also very exclusionary. Marbles meeting the above criteria have to meet 3-4 tests.... "snowy mica" not being a minor one by anyone's measure.

I may be misunderstanding the intent of these threads - and perhaps the desire is for them to be small, with limited contributions from board members over the period of a month. As an earlier poster noted - I don't think you are going to get much participation...and when you do it will be contemps (which not everyone collects) and handmades (ditto).

Respectfully,

Alan

Uh Oh.... Pardon my late night confusion..... When I put in "Snowy" I was pulling the word from the quote... NOT claiming that the mica in the marble needed to be "snowy" in appearance!!!

Then.... OK, your right... As a handmade collector, I forget how much this excludes the machine made collectors... So, let's call aventurine acceptable...

I was leery of including aventurine, cuz I think we did it before....

Oh Heck!! Let's just say.... If the marble reminds you of the holiday season, it's a GO!!!

We really don't have to stick to rules for this, right??? :D

:rol:

Ya know.... Let's make it REALLY easy and say.... Show a marble that reminds you of the holidaze...

We only have this month to do it, so do it GOOD!!! :Happy_143:

(Bob... Snow, sugar or salt??? Whose gonna clean that up??? ROFL!!)

Guest FeelingMarbleous

This Akro even has a Bird on it :D And he's smiling :)

AkroKiller.jpg

Collectively, these two types are often known as "birds," because when viewed from one angle the patches have a shape suggestive of the breast and head of a songbird. "Grebes" have a reddish orange to orange brown patch; "brown thrashers" have a dark brownish red patch; "golden tawnies" have a yellowish orange to orangish brown patch; and "rainbows" have all the colors seen on the previous three varieties.

Hey Sue!

You started it! And as such I'm going to answer your 'cleanup' question by continuing my gag pattern.

What did Felix Unger used to say? "I'M not going to CLEAN THAT UP!"

(If you can't make it out here until the weekend I'll understand.)

On the other hand, Felix always did wind up cleaning it up, so we'll end with an 'Emily LaTella'.

NEVER MIND! (Witch!) Hopefully interpreted as full of great affection, Bob :)

Christmas-y solid cores with mica by Bill Murray:

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

A Christmas-y submarine by John Hamon Miller:

IMG_6298.jpg

This was Bill Murray's Official Christmas marble (with green adventurine) - with a cool padded gift box!

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

A Christmas marble by Kris Parke from a few years ago - with blizzard dichro:

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg