Joker Iii 2010 Run

I know there was a thread going already but I just got 50 or so of these today and I have to mouth off. I actually got 57. Interesting because they might just as well be 57 Varieties....Heinz!

You know how when you're sorting you have this pile and this pile and this pile. All of these went into the same pile! Unreal. There wasn't a one in the bunch that I could think any less of. I maybe did start thinking A and A+.

We are so lucky that these marbles are being made today. It's a miracle really. McCullough keeps getting better and better. Every one has flame-like action. I swear that these establish a new standard for what's considered a Flame. Well, that might be going a little too far!

Still, I can't believe that marbles like this are being machine-made and it's happening right now. Again, we are so lucky. David Chamberlain

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad your happy, I wonder how those newbies are going to feel in 5 or 10 years when they think they have found some rare vintage marbles in a group from ebay they paid big money for then find out they are latter Jabos worth 50 cents or so??. Just a silly thought.

I don't know how a Vacor Serpent could fool anybody. Some of them are nice, but not very many look much like a Peltier Superman.

This thread was allowed to remain positive for a grand total of 51 minutes before it got slammed.

It's so stupid. Somebody being "worried" that newbies might get fooled over someone else's efforts to make a high-quality marble. Wonder what the real concern is...Even if Jabo's INTENTION was to make marbles that look exactly like CACs or Peltiers, I would still say more power to them, as long as they didn't try to pass them off as being what they are not. Then let the buyers decide what they are worth.

And if other people try to pass them off as being what they are not, well, that's not Jabo's problem. In no way am I condoning dishonesty. I guess I never could understand "intrinsic worth" as it applies to marbles (and probably lots of other things too). In fact, the whole idea of collecting (anything) seems rather silly to me. Maybe someday I'll get over it.

Amen! Once again if you like the marble,old,new,clay,glass,whatever and the price is fine with you,buy it. Buy the marble not the makers name. Should a newer version or as some have said,exact same(i disagree),be worth 50 cents and the same,similar old version worth $300.00+ ???? This gap seems larger dealing with marbles than most items. It is everyones own choice,it is freedom,the U.S.A.

I have these and some from other past runs,if someone needs examples. If not,that is also fine. I will be happy to keep everyone of them myself for my own use. For myself,the marbles are worth what i paid,i am happy.

It seems to me that there are two directions indicated with collecting marbles. Those that collect because they are beautiful in their eyes and those that collect "value". When their paths cross it's like two hot electric wires coming into contact with each other. I love marbles for what they are and my love of them goes all the way back to the early 1940's (I do love the new Jabo's). I think it is fitting that we have the different directions as I stated and I think we shouldn't get cross-ways with each other when our paths do cross, but respect the others persons opinion and not condemn the direction they are taking when it comes to marbles. This is my opinion and I'm not asking anyone to agree with it or to disagree. ----Leroy----

It's ok to collect for value. Value is probably always at least a factor, even for those who collect for beauty. But why pretend to have some noble or altruistic motive when your real concern is your collection being devalued?

collector vs investor,,,,,ive always collected everything and mostly the high end sells to buy more low end, its a habit just because im a collector and not an investor,,, im just curious as to what all these actually are mimicking, i think they have look all to their own,, one thing you will never stop is people forking out money for something that looks good, knowledge or not let your money bring you happiness,,, as far as an ivestment goes, probably maybe have to sit on them for quite a while to see a vintage price, these werent made to play marbles with in a circle so there wont be the wear you see on vintage,,, i kinda like the look, i love the design, they just look good,,, bj

I just got a handfull nice colors but i would say not there best but thats just Mho .....Galen does have a small point tho ive been collecting on and off for 28 years and have been fooled by some on ebay one-time ..when i got back into marbs after a year off i dint event know they made jabos lol ...needless to say i paid $500.00 for what i was thinking were cac swirls lmao the joke was on me oh well " Marble on "

Dustin.

[deleted]

Maybe I'll ask again later. ;-)

No I'll be brave. Undeleted:

David, you would hate it if people here recommended that you read a thread at Scott Patrick's board.

Why do you direct us to the board of someone who has declared that this one is going to go down in flames?

If it is important, why don't you quote what you said over here so that banned people such as Sue (our wonderful Sue) can read it?

You would absolutely hate it if we recommended readers to go over to Scott's.

Well, of course. I think that we can agree that Patrick is a "special case." I'll ask someone if they can post it at MC because I don't have the foggiest idea of how to do that. And I will sincerely request that Kevin take off the Ban on Sue. David P.S. Probably won't be back in here 'till tomorrow morning or maybe not even 'till Wed.

Lets put this to the test. Any newbies(anyone actually) want to pick the CACs out of this group. Hopefully they do not stick out like sore thumbs, being a bit color blind I hope thats not the case!

DSCF1622_640.jpg

I guess to a lot of folks that do not collect CACs this wouldn't look like a problem. And they may actually not realize how close these are getting!!!!Maybe this pic will open some eyes. And to me it looks like a huge problem that is only happening because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Love of marbles, really??? Maybe this pic will help explain just a little bit why I feel the way I do. And these are not even the latest run!!!

Well, of course. I think that we can agree that Patrick is a "special case." I'll ask someone if they can post it at MC because I don't have the foggiest idea of how to do that. And I will sincerely request that Kevin take off the Ban on Sue. David P.S. Probably won't be back in here 'till tomorrow morning or maybe not even 'till Wed.

Scott and Kevin are both special cases.

You haven't addressed Kevin's goal/prediction/actions taken to suppress/destroy this board.

Kevin still patrols this board for new members he can recruit for his own board. He PMs them using the system of the board he scorns. In my opinion that's bordering on abuse of privileges. Funny, since when Kevin's been upset at someone such as Edna he has taken away their PM privileges at his board.

But Lou is and has always been more fair and accepting than Kevin could ever comprehend so he has continued to allow Kevin membership here and Kevin can keep stirring stuff behind the scenes.

I'm game! I might state that I'd much prefer the proviso that they be in hand for serious identification. I do not see any Christensen Agate Co. marbles in this group although I don't see what this is suppose to prove I would though entertain a shipment of the group fully insured and I would pay both ways for a definitive identification. David