Joker Iii 2010 Run

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guaranteed, there is more than one CAC in the group.

Thank you Galen! You have, with that picture,proven how pretty JABOs are. We all know they are rarer than CACs and best of all if there are "CACs" in that picture then they are exotics and as we all know, the exotics are not CAC. Thanks again.

Never have said they are not pretty.

Not the ones you pointed out Mike. There are 2 CACs. And no they are not(Exotics) which I believe all are seamed marbles. Both of these are swirls. And how in the world can the Jabos possibly be rarer than CACs???????????Who in the world is the we that believe these are rarer than CACs??? In the last 10 shows I have been to I have seen fewer than 30 mint 3/4" CAC swirls. In just the last show alone I saw thousands of mint new run Jabos. IMO That statement continues to be rediculous. Just saying it doesn't make it true. We are not talking about how many were made, it is how many are currently out there. Unless someone has proof of cases of CACs in folks garages. Oh wait, thats the Jabos. Take a poll at any time and ask how many 3/4" mint CACs anyone has. Ask the same of the Jabos. Does anyone really believe there are more CACs out there??????I would be willing to bet you could poll every marble collector possible ask how many mint CACs they have(of any type) and it would come to even a small percentage of just the last run done at Jabo.

Who cares about this crap? I am just posting because I like to provoke crybabies who think the sky might be falling. The only folks crying and bitching about the preponderance of JABO's seems to be the folks that have CAC's. I have a bunch of JABO's, some look like CAC's and cost little. I have some CAC marbles and a couple flames, paid little when they came in a mix and am happy. I do not think that I will post negative stuff about JABO or CAC marbles for years over this stuff. What is the deal and the thought process that makes one so concerned?

It would be much easier to identify the CACs with the marbles in hand, more views of the marbles, and close up pictures of each one. I'm not all that familiar with CACs, but I would guess that the topmost marble is one.

Kevin has also banned Steph on his board. Her last post was her advice to Kevin to "take a flashlight" to his first marble show.

Interestingly, Kevin apparently invited Lou to join his board, even though it is Lou, not Steph or Sue, who disciplined him on this board by requiring that his posts be approved before being posted.

Kevin, I wouldn't've (there I go again) thought you to be a woman-beater...

Oh wait...Steph, at least, probably had it coming, because we all know what an irrational troublemaker she is...

hmmm...wonder if I'm banned now too...

LOL. Thanks M. Yeah, I only mentioned Sue not me, because of course I deserve to be banned. I'm evil. (lol)

I only tried to support Kevin about 3/4 of the time when he was putting his foot into it over here. Sue supported him all the way up until the end.

On Another Board, which shall remain nameless, two marbles are circled as the CACs. I'll only say that they are the two dullest marbles in the pic. Take it for what it's worth . . .

LOL. Thanks M. Yeah, I only mentioned Sue not me, because of course I deserve to be banned. I'm evil. (lol)

I only tried to support Kevin about 3/4 of the time when he was putting his foot into it over here. Sue supported him all the way up until the end.

I can say I was banned there , but only after I quit three times! Kevin is a little slow on the details. I am shocked to see Kevin has ban every one. I thought that besides me only facts, polysyllabic words, and grammar were banned over there.

JOKER III 2010 REDUX by David Chamberlain » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

Gee, I didn't think this self-same thread had digressed so far that it was irretrievably lost. Anyway, I wanted to hop back in and kick some ass! Then it got wussy-locked!

What a shame when enthusiasm, joy and respect for a significant marble accomplishment is met with contempt, ridicule and incomprehension. And then for it to be clothed in the same old trite bromides.....well, it almost puts one to thinking there's no hope for some people in this hobby. It's as if they've reached a stasis* (not to be confused with status) and are mired in stultification. It's a pain in the butt I have to point this out repeatedly.

*stagnation

Re. the possibility of Dave McCullough venturing into the realm of corkscrews, patches and so forth.....Huh? This guy is a swirl expert; that's what drives him to better himself. SWIRL MARBLES!

The cool thing about this batch of 57 Joker III marbles I got that really gets me going is that Dave has put his own patented mark on a marble characteristic that we all love seeing when any marble company comes even close to accomplishing it. And he has done it so successfully that even in the opaque example that don't necessarily scream FLAME! you can detect incipient sparks that sear the surface of the marble in previously unheard of numbers and combinations of colors. Like, what more could you ask for?

Ron told me that he'd mentioned to Dave that some of his planned color combinations seemed questionable. Turned out that he was proven wrong!These are pastel wonders. I've got one here that has Dark blue, Powder Blue, Brown, Yellow, Aqua, Green, Lavender and White and it is perfect. Another with Purple, Lavender, Green, Orange, Yellow, Oxblood and White similarly perfect. And then one with Pink, Purple, Green and Yellow...all the color necessary for an outstanding marble.

How anyone could have anything but praise for these marbles is beyond me.The hackneyed response that some poor newbie is going to bite the dust over these does not hold water. Buy what you like, buy condition and do not be motivated by greed. David Chamberlain Last edited by David Chamberlain on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

David is so right on, thanks for re-posting that letter. I may even print it off and humbly ask David to sign me a copy! :)

I can't wait to see what's next, and then hear the proverbial cry that almost always accompanies greatness.

:music-rocker-001: Rock on David McCullough! Rock on! :music-rocker-001:

Great looking marbles Ant, I love the pastel colors!

edit.....

The images I am referring to above are in the thread titled: "Joker Three Run Completed" .... started by Bocci

I especially like the bluez, greenz, and lavender combinations.

I sure would like to get some examples with the colors I like. I have not been able to get to a show since Amana last year, looking forward to picking some up this June:-)

BT

p.s. It's been a long time since I posted, what happened to my avatar??? ...

.......whoops .... never mind :-)

Hey Bill!!!! Awesome to see you!!!

Hmmmm, my guess was close to that....

post-3-126815335403_thumb.jpg

On another note....

Sue supported him all the way up until the end.

Yeah... But, I don't think he saw it that way. I said "mean things."

Some people don't realize that their best supporters might be the ones who are honest with you.

Ok, here's the rook guess. :)

If I'm wrong that's ok. If I learn just a little bit each time I am wrong, just a little, then it's all worth it. And hopefully, I learn enough not to make the same mistake twice, but I promise nothing! lol

post-1945-126815666736_thumb.jpg

Gary, check out the pic m!b$ posted at the end of the last page. That was the one with the correct answers. iiuc.

Sue, you got that right. Honesty sucks. Very dangerous. I wish I could comment there tho'. They have a couple of foreign mibs being sorta shot around and not ID-ed correctly right now. I'd like to comment on those. I'd try to be nice. Sorry that I suggested that Kevin take a flashlight to his first show. I didn't know that would be so offensive. Live and learn.

BT, is your site gone? No, nevermind. I couldn't see it yesterday, but it's there today.