How Much!

This character uncmike is a total rip off (beat up marbles, descriptions far from true)... He doesn't have time to answer any questions... It's his bitch mama that speaks for him... umcmike is busy with school... I have had 2 bad dealings with these two... Top end dealings too... Mike says nothing... fighting-109.gif Mama bitch is worse then the wicked witch of the north...

Take your chances with these two!!!

Wow.... I thought uncmike was OK.... I've only had one, possibly two, transactions with him, though...

The marble I bought did have a big honkin' chip... But, it was pretty well documented.

I think there may have been a little buffing added in. I didn't think it was bad enough to call it a foul....

Anybody else have troubles??

Pssssst, Gene.... Glinda, the witch of the North, is a good witch... LOL ;)

I have heard a few negative things about him/them, but I personally haven't had any trouble with his marbles or his service. All of the marbles I've gotten from him have been at least as nice as advertised. I've only bought antique handmades from him though. Their knowledge seems a little weak on vintage machine mades. But then, that's when you might (emphasis on the word "might") be able to score.

Delotronic: Keep an eye on Christiansen Agates -- prices on a few types of those will make your eyes bug out too . . .

I thought that Uncmikie was a respected longtime member of the community. Paul something? Starts with a G?

But now that you mention it, I also remember hearing something else recently about that seller ID - just a mere mention - which I hoped to hear a follow-up on but never did. Has the control of that ebay ID changed hands?

I have been dealing with him for a long time and have had nothing but good things to say. He is an honest seller and a good person. I saw that lutz in hand at the marble show in Amana, and trust me it is AMAZING.

Well thats my bit for the evening- skycollet

Kingfisher, those are some pretty harsh words flying off your keyboard concerning Paul Germann aka Uncmikie.

As do others - I disagree! Paul has been involved with quality marbles for a very long time. Personally, I bought three hand made marbles from him in the past on eBay and they have all been accurately pictured and described. One photo was too good; lint on an Indian swirl peewee looked like small imperfections - unfortunately for my bank account, it did not scare away the astute bidders! This year I put a face to a name and talked with Paul at the Amana Show. - Great guy! -

If we do our homework: read, participate in marble clubs and conventions, meet the marble people, ask/write questions for clarification - especially - when your money is on the table - things will go fine, USUALLY.

no braid

The first and second photo make me wonder about the surface of the marble.

The odd parsing of the statement "It does have a couple of tiny fleabites but I believe its incredibly WET original surface and size warrant some forgiveness in the grading of this outstanding marble." only confuses understanding of the condition.

Personally - I wouldn't buy that marble without looking at it in hand.