Eatons In An Accident

Al Oregon

Since i received the sad news,i had to stay busy and it was hard to turn the computer on and read it,until now. I am like Griff,i was at a loss. I was a lucky one who did get to spend some precious time with Weldon at Jabo,the shows,and his home. We talked about everything,hunting,work,grandchildren,etc,marbles and of course his marble bag collection. I just mailed him a mesh bag the day before the accident. There is not enough space or time here to say everything. Rest in PEACE Weldon,i know you are. Edna,you take CARE of yourself,the days ahead are going to be long. A speedy recovery for Edna and Joseph. My condolence goes out to the entire family.

Ron

Weldon was a really nice guy,he was one of the first people I meet when I got into collecting marbles and I always enjoyed seeing and talking with him.

All around good man,he will be missed by many.

Good Luck to the family.

Since I am not on the boards very often, we were not aware of what had happened until this afternoon when I got a telephone call telling us this terrible news. We have known Edna and Weldon for many years and this is not the news anyone wants to hear. Edna, we want you to know that our prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there!!! Mary M and Stan

Edna is home now. The refrig is full of food made by friends from Waller. There has been a continual parade of friends and family. There is even a rumor(all marble stories have rumors) that there was a small pillow fight after midnight last night. Behave girls!

Edna is doing very well and is even planning her marble trips for the rest of the year.

I continue to be amazed at how fast this has all been. Edna's faith had made very, very tough times easier for her and her loved ones.

The funeral will be Wednesday and the burial Thursday.

I can still hardly find words for the events of last week. I can only say that Weldon is free and in a better place. God speed my friend.

For those who might be able to attend services... Or, who may want to send something, here's the schedule with actual locations...

Visitation will be at the Waller United Methodist Church, Waller, Texas, on Wednesday, July 28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. A memorial celebration of his life will be on Thursday, July 29 at 1:00 p.m. at Canon Funeral Home in Waller. Internment will be at Oak Grove Cemetery in Kerens, Texas at 10:00am on Friday, July 30.

Weldon is right here,inside of me,and inside of the many,and I mean MANY,of all the people he has touched,over the years.

There is a river coming out of my face right now,but its not because Weldon has passed.Its because I will miss him.

I will always admire him,as I always have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He carried a "strength" about him,and I swear I could see a "glow" about him,when I put a marble in his hands.

My deepest condolances for Edna and Family,,,,,,,

The visitation was Wednesday at our church. The funeral was Thursday and we buried Weldon today at his family's cemetery outside of Kerens. Over half of the people buried there are kin. His mom and dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins are buried there. I felt I was taking him home. He loved that town. His family, his childhood friends, some of his college friends, and some marble collector friends came for the burial. More were at the funeral yesterday and some of them even came for the burial. It is time now to say thank you to our many friends and it will take a while to acknowledge everyone. Every day I am receiving cards and notes and yes, marbles in the mail. I will personally be thanking each one. Weldon taught me a lot and I am finding he was a teacher and an inspriration for so many people. My heart is broken, but I know Weldon is free of braces and crutches and pain and for that I am grateful. He never complained, always compensated, always spread joy to people around him. I will share some thoughts and some moments as I feel I can and I am grateful and thankful for the kindness of everyone who has expressed their feelings for Weldon. Please be patient with me as I answer each person. Edna

Edna, Lin and I just got back from the Seattle show. This is the first I have been on the board and heard of the news. When I heard of the accident my heart just sank and a knot in my stomach. I am so glad that we spent some time together at the Texas show and again briefly in Seattle. Weldon was a SUPER guy and will be sorely missed. Our prayers and thoughts are with you Edna and your family. Jim & Linda Wissler

• 1 year later...