Eatons In An Accident

Al Oregon

I received this email message from Steve Sturtz about Edna, Weldon and Joseph being in a car accident. I hope they all recover quickly and well. My prayers go out to them. They had stopped in for a short time last week at the Seattle Show and were enjoying their road trip.

----------------------

Hi,

I am very sad to tell you that Edna, Joseph, and Weldon were in a car accident in Moab yesterday. They had a blow out and went off the road and rolled down a 15' embankment. Edna and Joseph and OKish ...banged and bruised...Joseph with cuts and bruised, Edna with cuts and a very sore neck.

It looked at first the same was true of Weldon. He was air lifted to (I forgot where) in Colorado. It turns out that he has a clot that is blocking blood from his brain. They have put him on blood thinners and they should know his fate in the next 72 hours.

Her son Gary and daughter-i-law Mary are on their way to Colorado.

Edna does not have the charger for her cell phone and they are in the hospital so please don't call since her batteries are almost dead already.

Please say lots of prayers for Scooter and Spikey and think many happy thoughts about them. Edna Spikey would want allof to pray as bbest we can.

To keep up witht news, go to Edna's facebbok and request frindship with Doris Eaton. She is Weldon's sister-in-law.

Call me if you choose, but I know no more.

I will post and email and changes in the info when I get it.

Regards, Steve

I am so very sorry to hear this news. I met Edna & Weldon for the first time when I went to Jabo as an investor in a couple Tribute runs. Such fine people and a treat to be around. I have great memories of hanging out and visiting with Weldon (even though it was only a few hours over a couple days), checking out marbles and getting his opinion on on them.

Weldon's passing is a loss for us earthbound marble folks and good for marble shooting, playing and collecting angels!

Mike Lost Your Marbles Warnelis

The posts are mixed between wishing for recovery and sending our sympathy. That's because Weldon had not passed yet when it was first thought he had, so I temporarily masked that announcement and the responses.

Now it is official. Weldon has passed on. I am unmasking all the posts. Please forgive any confusion. Hopefully the feeling in our hearts will be clear enough.

Love you, Edna. -s

Spikey and Scooter

Spikey_Scooter.jpg

I am very sad to hear about Weldon. I only met him once at the WVMCC show last year and liked him right away. He was warm and generous with his knowledge and will be missed. My deepest sympathy goes out to Edna and the family.

Oh, I'm SO sorry to hear this!!!

I've only had the opportunity to meet Weldon once, and briefly at that...

But, having seen his pictures and heard of his travels, I feel as if I know him so much better than that....

I always think of him with a smile...

Edna, please get better soon. Though I know the deepest hurt isn't physical.

We love you and send all the prayers, hugs and karma possible...

I'm so, so sorry......

I am so very sorry to hear this news . . . Such fine people and a treat to be around. I have great memories of hanging out and visiting with Weldon (even though it was only a few hours over a couple days), checking out marbles and getting his opinion on on them . . .

I feel the same. I first met Weldon at the Texas marble show and although I was only around him sporadically for a few days, I was greatly shocked and saddened by his death. Obviously, one didn't have to be around Weldon very long to realize that he was a remarkable person. So sorry, Spikey . . .