A Snow Day What It Looks Like Threw My Windows

mmuehlba

Hi all a calm between storms . plow is parked but in Wi we keep the lawn mowers on charge as they could be need .

The pictures threw our windows is how it looks . Mike

snow

snow90S.jpg

snow88S.jpg

snow89S.jpg

READY FOR MORE

plow93S.jpg

plow94S.jpg

just in case it gets warm

lawnmowers92S.jpg

inside looking out

windowsnowday96S.jpg

windowsnowday97S.jpg

windowsnowday98S.jpg

does any one know who made the roundel ??

windowsnowday701S.jpg

windowsnowday702S.jpg

windowsnowday703S.jpg

windowsnowday704S.jpg

windowsnowday705S.jpg

What famous marble artist makes bottles

windowsnowdayRO700S.jpg

windowsnowdayRO99S.jpg

Just goofing off on a snow day Mike

Ann: It always looks grim out of Chicago windows. I lived in Chicago and spent two days and nights at work in '67 because I couldn't get out of the parking lot. Finally walked about 3 miles towards home before I caught a ride on a garbage truck. Then all of the neighborhood shoveled out our street. In almost 15 years I never saw a plow on our street. Grim is right. Art

lol Griff... mother nature is blowing a windy gale here. Sever semi trucks blew over on the freeways. The wind gusts were up to over 60 mph! Currently this morning, it's 41F - very cold for here.

By the way, the last 1/2 of June, all of July and 1/2 of August, my wife and I car driving from southern California all the way to Maine but we are making sure it's summer time! We'll be camping in a 7' by 7' tent too. In 2008, we went 5,318 miles on a similar camping trip. Went to Canada via the east side of the Rockies - during the simmer.

Happy to report that I am home in snowbound New York state today after yesterday's trip from Phoenix (where folks were complaining about a few clouds and "chilly" 50 deree temps). I need a tshirt that reads "I survived cross-country travel in the storm of 2011". It actually was kind of an adventure that involved rental car, shuttle, plane, mini-bus, train, bus, taxi and snow-covered car, but there was marble mail on the table when I got in, so all is well. :)

well all over and the sun even came out . what a day .

as far as any one guessing on the bottles and the roundel well the how about clues The roundel was by a glass guy that made me my first marble and he made it at the Ottawa show when it was held in the union hall and yes it was made right in the show ,another clue is he wore a black tall top hat .

as far as the bottles he was one of the first contemporary artist and now lives on an island .

and now some pics I added one with my Akro bird with a marble in his beak since this is a marble sight . Enjoy Mike

we started with 16 inches just last night .

dayafter01.jpg

Glad I have a plow.

dayafter02.jpg

dayafter03.jpg

dayafter05.jpg

dayafter06.jpg

and the AKRO BIRD

dayafter04.jpg

It's lookin' pretty grim out of Chicago windows right now. The blizzard is definitely on. confused-smileys-17.gif

Hi Ann,

Well, we are up in Beach Park, just north of Waukegan and man did we get dumped on... The snow plows have deposited a 5 to 6 foot wall of snow across both of my driveways... We have a corner lot and got drifting from the north and west, average probably 4 ft... Snow is up to the bottom of the windows on my truck... I don't plan on snow blowing today because of the sub-zero temps, probably on Saturday...ph34r.gif

. . . I lived in Chicago and spent two days and nights at work in '67 because I couldn't get out of the parking lot. Finally walked about 3 miles towards home before I caught a ride on a garbage truck . . .

Hi Art! The blizzard of '67 is now legendary here!

Hi Ann,

Well, we are up in Beach Park, just north of Waukegan and man did we get dumped on... The snow plows have deposited a 5 to 6 foot wall of snow across both of my driveways...

I feel your pain! Did you get any of the whacko thunder & lightening that we got?

Hi Art! The blizzard of '67 is now legendary here!

well Milwaukee area also had a lot and I was working at an Enco station and the gave out small Tigers that would sit on top of the radio antena so you could been seen better .

Also since no one even tried to guess on the rondel and the bottles here is the answer ,the rondel was made by

John Hamon Miller and the bottles by Ro Purser