Vitro Blue Devil. Rare?

I got one of these babies, and I must say it is quite the beaut! Very happy with it. I would go with the last ebay listing that Felicia posted. (Obviously both great marbles) The color is a great cobalt blue, with the common vitro lavender patch, or V. I will check it in the morning to see if it glows Edna.

I just may have to get involved in this discussion a little. I can attest that at least 20 plus years ago i found my first one exactly like the ones for sale on e-bay. Now the origon of these i haven not figured out yet. Over all the years of collecting and all the marbles i have seen i have kept everyone that i have found and only gave one or two away so far. Still have at least five left. In my opinion and just a wild guess at them, possibly a limited run of a vitro of some sort because of the purpilish/pinkinsh/whitish patch on them. Where the cobolt transparent blue base came from in them is a guess? In my opinion i will say Vitro and or foriegn of some sort. Chuck G--

They are definitely an early Vitro marble. That's my listing (vintagemarbles). I received two of them in a collection purchased from the daughter of a Vitro factory employee. He had worked at both factory locations. The collection included Superiors, Trilites, Phantom Conquerors, Fisher Jewel Trays and a 100 count stock box of 11/16" Trilites.

Thanks, Felicia! I live here in WV, marble ground zero. I'm five miles from Marble King, 45 miles from where Vitro's were made. So I do get to see a good deal of West Virginia's marble history.

You are soooo lucky! I was able to get a tour and history lesson at most of the sites there a few years ago and I've enjoyed the few trips I've made to W Va. Sorry I'll be missing the WVMCC show :-( Thanx to everyone (you know who you are) for such wonderful and special memories...God bless!!

Jill Marie! Hey there! Lovely marble to have as it has that lavender/pinkish color and that deep blue just brings out that color so very well!