Extremely Rare Sulphide Marble, Cased Colored Base!

I recently found this amazing antique marble, a cased colored sulphide containing a bear holding a ball! The bear is surrounded by amber glass and then cased in a clear layer. I've only found one similar marble in the Antique Glass-sulphide marbles book (I took a pic next to mine). The size is 1-5/8" and it's in mint- cond. Do any of you know of other cased colored based sulphides?

I'm looking forward to hearing your reactions.

post-92-0-31099100-1333224910_thumb.jpg

Great find !

Im not questioning the authenticity of your marble when I say this, so dont take it that way. but there was a guy not to many years ago who was over laying beat up sulphides with transparent colors then reselling them for a lot of money.

Scott Patrick use to take a damaged antique sulphide and put a colored glass wash on the marble and then he would encase it in a thick layer of clear glass and the wash in conjunction with the clear glass would mask the original damage and one would swear they were looking at a very rare unique marble. Only give away to Scott's work was his pontils were terrible looking, no where near what an antique marble's pontil should look like.

Scott Patrick use to take a damaged antique sulphide and put a colored glass wash on the marble and then he would encase it in a thick layer of clear glass and the wash in conjunction with the clear glass would mask the original damage and one would swear they were looking at a very rare unique marble. Only give away to Scott's work was his pontils were terrible looking, no where near what an antique marble's pontil should look like.

funny you should mention that ronny! take a look at blocks sulphide book, theres a few in there that belong to wilburn powell, that were made by me. he seemed to think they were real, Block musta thought they were real too.

elliot had a bear encased in crystal just like jvv marble also in the sulphide book!

Got any oxblood stories? id rather hear some of the Brownie stories..........