Metallic on Marbles

Al Oregon

I know most people don't collect metal on marbles (not including the metallic sheen on newer marbles) but I think everyone has one or two that cross into your collection of whatever you do collect.  I'm posting some of the ones that I have collected over the years.  In doing these group pics, you cannot always tell the metallic in the pics.  I* just did flash pics to try and bring out what metallic I could.  Some are a small piece, some stripes, some follow the swirls and others almost cover half the marble.  BUt, you'll get the idea that it shows up on a wide variety of machine made marbles.

Metallics - Box 01 - Al.JPG

Metallics - Box 02 - Al.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

That is an amazing collection of metallic, I've never seen so many in one place   :clap2:

I only have a few to add.

My one inch with metallic, Master.

Then the group shot- the largest in the top right is 19/32" , the smallest on bottom right is 7/16" a tiny little thing.

1 Inch Cat Ox R2.jpg

Metallic group.jpg

This 'un had a little metal ball -- smaller than a BB.  I think I still have it.

green_pellet.jpg.eeb0efb2d9f4791174107b9

I THINK this second one was mine, but maybe someone else will come by and remind me that it was theirs. ;)   I don't know if I would have kept it.  The big chip/blowout/flake woulda bugged me.  

greenpatch.JPG.cb81a46b9c4767961318597e1

Alas, I sold my blue Champ metallics. 

Well, I do declare.  I've looked at this whole thread more than once (since I am sporadically attracted to metallics) and just now noticed that Al has two marbles in his Pelt box that match a possibly PPP that I have and have been fretting over.  I had just never seen a Pelt like it.  Now I have!  Whee!  Bottom right in Al's box, and second from right on next-to-last row.  Then mine.

56cba11Al Box.jpg

PPP 3.jpg

PPP 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...