Went on a marble hunt tonight. Found some!

These may be common to some, but here in California to find marbles locked away for the last 56 years and some that were much older is a cool find.

The large Amber and Green slags are just over 1 inch!

The bricks are cool,as are the  Akro slags, vitros, MK, Alley, Bennies, (3) Pelt bos, Japanese whales, lots of them. A couple that are real cool. Oh and several hand fulls of cat eyes and two unopened NOS bags 1 of Cat eyes and the other bag of whales. Drove 40 miles tonight to grab them!!!

I haven't been this stoked in awhile.

20210311_211608_Film3_kindlephoto-304177.jpg

37 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

These may be common to some, but here in California to find marbles locked away for the last 56 years and some that were much older is a cool find.

The bricks are cool,as.are the  Akro slags, vitros, MK, Alley, Bennies, (3) Pelt bos, Japanese whales, lots of them. A couple that are real cool. Oh and several hand fills of cat eyes and two unopened NOS bags 1 of Cat eyes and the other bag of whales. Drove 40 miles tonight to grab them!!!

I haven't been this stocked in awhile.

Mmm yeah !! time to enjoy a little inspection, great group, anything from the wild in any kind of mint shape is getting rarer & rarer. Have fun man, let us know what you favs are when you're done !! I really like the big slags, looks like a nice busy pattern on the amber one.

1 hour ago, Peltier Mibber said:

The bricks are cool,as are the  Akro slags, vitros, MK, Alley, Bennies, (3) Pelt bos, Japanese whales, lots of them. A couple that are real cool. Oh and several hand fulls of cat eyes and two unopened NOS bags 1 of Cat eyes and the other bag of whales. Drove 40 miles tonight to grab them!!!

I haven't been this stoked in awhile.

Awesome score 👏 

Forty miles is not bad. I don't think I have found a good vintage marble within 40 miles of me for years. unless I dug it. If I found any they were not for sale. That has happened hundreds of times. I get a call to look at or identify marbles. Drive 25-50 miles look at them for a hour. Tell them what they have and what each is worth. Then none for sale.  Even worse is, more than once I have been ask to and spent a half hour or hour identifying marbles and their values at a show for someone. I did that for one woman during three different shows at Decatur IL. Then finally I offered her more money than I valued three or four Alleys at.  She turned me down. She went three rooms down the hall and sold all of them for less than I offered her.  I  watched from outside  the room. When she left I ask him what he bought and how much ? Sure enough there were the Alleys and for less than I offered her.  I might identify marbles and values for her again. But I may make mistakes on every one of them ?  

Nice.

Brick closest to big amber slag looks cool. Cool collection, there's gotta be a story because sometimes in California, 40 miles is no easy trek.  (Last time I was there probably spent a good hour on the 405 to get 20 miles.  It was a while back, and some might consider that a good day on the 405.  lol.)