The "Score!" thread. Post your exciting finds here...

1 hour ago, Jzoook6 said:

Picked these little Akro pieces up today for $20. 2 of them glow like crazy! 

That is a nice discovery. The glow, I never would have thought that amber had a glow to it.
I had to run and see what the wife’s collection had in it.
Here is a cool one.
That was an excellent purchase.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Care 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

That is a nice discovery. The glow, I never would have thought that amber had a glow to it.
I had to run and see what the wife’s collection had in it.
Here is a cool one.
That was an excellent purchase.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Omg! so cool!!! Are you missing a lid? Maybe that piece type didn't have one. I think the bonus one I picked up today would fit it if so (its the wrong scale for my set). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jzoook6 said:

Omg! so cool!!! Are you missing a lid? Maybe that piece type didn't have one. I think the bonus one I picked up today would fit it if so (its the wrong scale for my set). 

Thanks for the offer.

The truth is, my wife is not a big fan of amber pieces--I had to look like heck to find this one. It must have come too cheap to pass on😁.

Each to their own👌.

Marble--On!!

Just now, akroorka said:

Thanks for the offer.

The truth is, my wife is not a big fan of amber pieces--I had to look like heck to find this one. It must have come too cheap to pass on😁.

Each to their own👌.

Marble--On!!

Truth is, I agree with your wife. But better an amber one than none at all, I suppose! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, akroorka said:

If I was collecting the Akroware instead of marbles--I would have a bunch of "amber"--I like it--even more now, thanks to your revelation.

Good find!

Thank you! I wonder why only some of the amber pieces glow? Maybe those are older?

5 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

Thank you! I wonder why only some of the amber pieces glow? Maybe those are older?

I do not think that is a good way to age them, boxes are the best way to get an idea of age--if they are not backfilled.

Alot of colors of Akroware has a glow to it. I just checked they wifes display and it seems that pink and jade green do not have the glow--small sample I know but worth checking on.

Marble--On!!

Not technically a score as I found this online, but it will be a nice addition, will probably get it framed. A hard to come by Akro knee pad. Believe some of these came in Akro tins and boxes but not really sure. 

I’ve been to Roger Hardy’s Akro collection many times and don’t recall seeing the Kneepad before; although I’m sure he has many in his collection. 

3C531DC0-D36B-49D2-A2C9-23E1E3BDD7D1.jpeg

3CAE2D2B-70A0-486D-A534-7EF484940586.jpeg

D5F04C6C-9022-4E01-A4F6-B04A08780C96.jpeg

F70D0A31-BFE7-48FF-876A-116A116FF49E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1