The "Score!" thread. Post your exciting finds here...

I decided to make a sticky post for people to share their exciting marble scores. Such posts always inspire but they get lost over time, so let's post them here where they will remain on top.

Sadly I have not had a good score in a long time, but this score from 2017 was my greatest of all time, worthy of sharing here.

Please refrain from asking here whether featured marbles are for sale/trade. If the owner wants to sell, they can post in the buy/sell forum. Thanks!

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

• Like 10
  • Wow 5

Just now, Chad G. said:

Most royals w/ av. I've ever seen at once, no wonder I can't find any !!

Seriously! When I saw them I had no idea what they were. Figured contemporary.

This score was frozen in time, two old marble bags with almost everything in mint condition. At the time it was dark and I only briefly glanced into the bags. They wanted $40 and I gave them $60, not realizing what I had until I got home.

Naturally I have traded all but two of the AV Royals (totally regretting that) but managed to keep most of the nicer corks.

I also traded/sold some of the Pelts (kept the Christmas tree) and once again, regretting that. I never learn!

It all comes back sooner or later as a blessing in one way or another, sometimes totally unexpected like the score you got, one good wet mint av. royal is worth more than double the $60.00 you paid for the entire bag, not to mention the Pelts, man what a deal !!

On 5/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, bumblebee said:

I decided to make a sticky post for people to share their exciting marble scores. Such posts always inspire but they get lost over time, so let's post them here where they will remain on top.

Sadly I have not had a good score in a long time, but this score from 2017 was my greatest of all time, worthy of sharing here.

Please refrain from asking here whether featured marbles are for sale/trade. If the owner wants to sell, they can post in the buy/sell forum. Thanks!

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Oh my gosh what a freaking score. Regardless of when, it's worth sharing!!!

8 hours ago, cheese said:

Wow, great scores here! 

Been a while since I scored a big group, aside from digging or friends. One of my last ones was this lot of exotic conquerors:

Wow, very nice lot of very hard-to-find marbles. I don't think I have seen any of those in the wild. Had to trade to get mine.

1 hour ago, William said:

My $14 score from a random container I found last weekend. Nothing to really holler about but still liked what I got for the most part 😊 Also just wanted to chip in on the score thread 🎉

20210519_170949.jpg

20210519_171332.jpg

20210519_171854.jpg

20210519_172236.jpg

20210519_172545.jpg

20210519_172828.jpg

20210519_172948.jpg

For 14 bucks...looks like a fine score William 👌 

• Like 1

I'm looking at some Tuesday for a girl who inherited them from her Grandmother, her Grandmother was 80 so maybe some good machine-made, first solid leed this year, hopefully will be good, I'm gonna swoop on anything mint, maybe everything to share with a friend who is a beginning collector. I'll post pics of whatever I get next week. "Nice score William" good luck out there today, stay safe in your journeys.

• Like 1