Jump to content

The "Score!" thread. Post your exciting finds here...


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Super score William.

Check out this marble in your lot.

It looks like a Blue Panther!!

The image is blurred when I adjusted the size. Hopefully you can tell which one. If it's a Panther I would happy to make an offer or trade.

16240510446552959107525313412752.jpg.816f6ce4ff484d20625b0381d011a01f_kindlephoto-520771.jpg

I believe your referring to the mib with the baby blue base...I'll have to get better pics of some more of this and others. Interesting offer, it would be fun too deal! I left the bulk at my brother in law's (except for the Sparkler) I'll pick them up probably tommorow and sort a little better. I did get scolded for desecration of the pool table. At least the cover was on! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Super score William.

Check out this marble in your lot.

It looks like a Blue Panther!!

The image is blurred when I adjusted the size. Hopefully you can tell which one. If it's a Panther I would happy to make an offer or trade.

16240510446552959107525313412752.jpg.816f6ce4ff484d20625b0381d011a01f_kindlephoto-520771.jpg

Was poking around, if that is indeed what you think it is, it carries a bit of value. I just can't recall condition on it as I didn't take a ton of time going through them. Easy miss on the identity too since I'm still basically a novice. Sparkler, nice little German, now possibly a Panther? Maybe It would serve me well too maybe post all the mibs from this score in tiny groups, one at a time, for you all to see and highlight other possibilities? Hmmm....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, William said:

One of my best bulk scores since I started collecting I believe. Super pumped too start sorting which starts now 😊

16240510107061513335187496578328.jpg

16240510446552959107525313412752.jpg

16240510643425552673106549598932.jpg

16240511093222002439342984965117.jpg

16240511494694769363265785257671.jpg

16240511698264402047594973235743.jpg

16240511896997457138528967425186.jpg

16240512855362406319959182810626.jpg

Kinda crazy...this score took place at an antique mall that I had never been too before, about an hour drive northwest from my home. I walked in and there they were in the first cabinet you see when entering, all sitting together on the bottom shelf. The owner looked over at me and said "do we have a buyer?" I saw his keys in hand and felt like Scorpion off of Mortal Kombat, "Get Over Here!" 🤣 He stated that they had been sitting there for almost a year! One person, a collector according to him, looked at them a couple months ago pointing out some with value. Claims the guy didn't buy them because he has too much in bulk already. Lucky day for me 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, William said:

I believe your referring to the mib with the baby blue base...I'll have to get better pics of some more of this and others. Interesting offer, it would be fun too deal! I left the bulk at my brother in law's (except for the Sparkler) I'll pick them up probably tommorow and sort a little better. I did get scolded for desecration of the pool table. At least the cover was on! 🤣

 

Oops on the pool table and yes good the cover was on😀

Sounds good. Yes, better pictures would be good. We'll see how it goes.

There a lot of nice ones there regardless.

Of course of it is a baby blue Black Panther and in good shape or any shape it's worth $. The better the condition the better the $.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

 

Oops on the pool table and yes good the cover was on😀

Sounds good. Yes, better pictures would be good. We'll see how it goes.

There a lot of nice ones there regardless.

Of course of it is a baby blue Black Panther and in good shape or any shape it's worth $. The better the condition the better the $.

I'll be stopping by my brother in law's tomorrow too pick up my box...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mediocre madness, at least I found something, this has to be the driest marble area in the U.S I go up to and a bit over 50 miles in every direction and this is te best I can drum up, Ah !! well I did score a few onesie's and some Akro ware in the last month so not a complete loss.

DSC03521.JPG

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03524.JPG

DSC03525.JPG

I guess some of these will be good for my toe exercises the doc ordered. Yeah !! That's it, I was having trouble making up my mind which ones to use anyway !! Problem solved, there are a couple really nice pelts an Alley or two and a few masters in thus bunch so I'm not so bummed. At this rate I'll have muscles on my toes like Popeye has on his forearms.

image.png.7201ffae028d94d240e9663843155a76.png

marbl pk up.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A soon to be score I guess you can say, for my gals son for his upcoming birthday that I just put together. He's always had an interest in marbles but never collected, but is always checking mine out when he's over. It's a nice little random mix that just might infect him with mibalism 🤣 here's too the birth of another collector 🍻

16246621546256450525322158833174.jpg

16246622074865905557451482443919.jpg

16246622329904654037160223260854.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, William said:

A soon to be score I guess you can say, for my gals son for his upcoming birthday . . .

A nice starter collection and an even better gesture - reverse score!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

That's so cool ! I bet he might be a Rock Hound too 👍

You nailed it! He's actually the one that I started agate hunting with! First place he ever took me was a rock quarry with a 15 foot river rock mound. Most were about marble size and it was a challenge for a beginner!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's awesome William 👌 my wife is a photographer and is setting up a shoot with our nephews and friends children. Got some old marble bags and some cool hats from the antique store gonna use my beat up mibs and teach them to play .try to get a good pic like the old ones .made up a few bags with a  marbles in them to take home . 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, William said:

Scored in Lacrosse Wisconsin 😊 some nice Akroware and a handful of mibs. Plenty more at this place, definitely going back soon!

16252636687692251382517754710329.jpg

16252637725167574681421262819063.jpg

1625263844737759928211917524785.jpg

16252638799591517864072813209022.jpg

16252639091775226413169765505017.jpg

The ones worth separating, happy with it 😊

16252661434435207596102324304265.jpg

16252662139675722034634168206475.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...