The "Score!" thread. Post your exciting finds here...

6 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

Sorry to be posting so much on here but Ive gotten super lucky the past few weeks. Found all of this at some antique stores yesterday. Everywhere I went had good marbles, which never happens. 

51430130911_5484655b00_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

Here's some that Ive taken out of the jars after looking through them at the stores, still have loads of marbles to go through, hopefully there's some gems I overlooked. 

51429370802_0c49025475_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

Bunch still to go through.

51429370787_149fce9cda_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

We all like seeing others score so keep it coming....it's no fun when this thread is dormant for too long 😊

• Like 3

Scored some more Akroware today $10.oo for 12 pieces, best deal ever on Akroware, no chips or cracks, not a full set but I'm not gonna complain. Interior panel w/  very light pink opalescent for color. A happy camper, I walked in the store right behind it.

DSC03923.JPG

image.png.0e84da3d4b1e0c38aa8d07e7ad494507.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Scored some more Akroware today $10.oo for 12 pieces, best deal ever on Akroware, no chips or cracks, not a full set but I'm not gonna complain. Interior panel w/  very light pink opalescent for color. A happy camper, I walked in the store right behind it.

DSC03923.JPG

image.png.0e84da3d4b1e0c38aa8d07e7ad494507.png

Oh yeah!

Has anyone noticed just in the past few months that eBay sellers have gone nuts and everything is way overpriced? I mean, even super common master brushed patches are going for ten bucks, common Akro corks are super high and common MFCs are going for 40 or more, etc? Whats the deal? I've given up on eBay and only find marbles driving to antique stores/estate sales and flea markets now. Earlier this year and before I was finding great deals everywhere but not anymore. eBay and online selling has gotten insanely pricey. Why?!?! Did everyone get into marbles due to rona shut downs, I don't know? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

Has anyone noticed just in the past few months that eBay sellers have gone nuts and everything is way overpriced? I mean, even super common master brushed patches are going for ten bucks, common Akro corks are super high and common MFCs are going for 40 or more, etc? Whats the deal? I've given up on eBay and only find marbles driving to antique stores/estate sales and flea markets now. Earlier this year and before I was finding great deals everywhere but not anymore. eBay and online selling has gotten insanely pricey. Why?!?! Did everyone get into marbles due to rona shut downs, I don't know? 

Time to sell on the “sell” thread👍👍

4 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

You'll find a couple of threads, Squabble Zone and Lounge I think, related to the crazy Ebay stuff. And I'm sure Covid19 played some kind of role, look at the Sports cards/Memorabilia side of it. It exploded because everyone stuck at home broke out the collections and started a fire there. Rookies and singles hitting record numbers for sales prices. Insanity. I could make a killing on my huge Football card collection but chose to sit on it. 👍

9 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

I've noticed that a lot! Since I began collecting until now, I think prices have tripled. I can't compete anymore. Though, I'm glad that my favorite sellers have buyers who can afford to push up the auction prices so that they can make a good profit. The problem for me is that marbles are nowhere to be found, unless it's a jar of cateyes that are meant to fill a collectible jar. Happy hunting!

Bought this marble game/run at a garage sale down in Sistersville, WV on Sunday. Dont know anything about it or how old it is. It only takes marbles less than 9/16ths. If I were to guess I would imagine its from the 1940s or so. 

51470769101_bd9b8fc8cd_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

51471493079_8e88f80937_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

51471710070_e06c321bda_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

Bought this marble game/run at a garage sale down in Sistersville, WV on Sunday. Dont know anything about it or how old it is. It only takes marbles less than 9/16ths. If I were to guess I would imagine its from the 1940s or so. 

51470769101_bd9b8fc8cd_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

51471493079_8e88f80937_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

51471710070_e06c321bda_h.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

Nice. I've seen Ron and others post pics and info on some similar...I'm sure someone will be along too verify for ya 😊

• Like 1

A guy and I were talkin' on Saturday, He collects old surveyor's equipment.  Anyway he gave me about a gallon of marbles. About what you'd expect, lotsa slingshot ammo, but I did pull these out... An Akro with enough goin' on inside to be interesting, and enough ox to make me happy. Also a nice opalescent Rainbo. The 3rd photo is what I think is a messed up sunset and a weak Alley (or weak CAC). Weak but still nice. Thanks

Bruce

weigel1.jpg

weigel2.jpg

weigel3.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Berryb said:

A guy and I were talkin' on Saturday, He collects old surveyor's equipment.  Anyway he gave me about a gallon of marbles. About what you'd expect, lotsa slingshot ammo, but I did pull these out... An Akro with enough goin' on inside to be interesting, and enough ox to make me happy. Also a nice opalescent Rainbo. The 3rd photo is what I think is a messed up sunset and a weak Alley (or weak CAC). Weak but still nice. Thanks

Bruce

weigel1.jpg

weigel2.jpg

weigel3.jpg

A freebie? That works! 👍

2 hours ago, Berryb said:

Bruce

weigel1.jpg

weigel2.jpg

weigel3.jpg

Nice !! Like William said "Free is always good"  :)

• Like 1

Going down to pennsboro, Cairo and Clarksburg today; have a feeling I’ll find nothing as I rarely find good marble finds in the heart of marble country. Must be because everyone down there knows about marbles and knows what some are worth so they get sucked up immediately. I always find the best stuff the further you get away from West Virginia it seems.