Akro Sparkles

Fire1981

Lol 😆 was watching it also . I have a total of 0 sparklers..high on my list but gonna wait til a marble show.  Got a few eggie ox maybe 🤔 some trades idk went last year on the last day of the vegas mib show . I had no clue about marbles. Now I can't wait to go to a show..what's up with in room trading I see that on the flyers...

When I go I always show early for the (in room trading) say the show is Saturday but in room trading  starts Thursday. I get there as soon as possible to meet everyone and get first crack at some of the better mibs. I have never stayed for the day of the show so don't really know but common sense would tell me that the mibs have already had a good going over by the time show day gets there. I'd rather negotiate with one person than five, just my personal take !!

A friend of mine called (Double Ingot) marbles "double eggnot ' I couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking about till he showed me some of his double ingots................ "Double Eggnot" Oh brother !!!

image.png.7743d4b1a3e40ae34bddd103967f58de.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

oh yea for the sparklers. there are some dandy's still out there .... bill

akro sparkler ..cased ..3 4th.s in.    360 coverage.JPG

cairo goodies 002.JPG

akro-choc.- sparks 004.jpg

Wow Bill those are awesome 👌 . Must look incredible in hand....I will find some lol . There has to be a few that are waiting for me......😉

Capper I know you remember Bo Stiff in Phoenix and his collection of Sparklers and I have that pic of your’s buried in a folder. You always shoot your pics on clear glass. I was so freak’n lucky to see his collection. King of Sparklers. Box after box after box. 
6 hours of mind blowing marbles. 

16 hours ago, Chad G. said:

When I go I always show early for the (in room trading) say the show is Saturday but in room trading  starts Thursday. I get there as soon as possible to meet everyone and get first crack at some of the better mibs. I have never stayed for the day of the show so don't really know but common sense would tell me that the mibs have already had a good going over by the time show day gets there. I'd rather negotiate with one person than five, just my personal take !!

A little add-on here.  There are marble collectors (sellers) that do come to the show only and that is the only time you will see them.  There are deals to be made.  Plus, there are local people that come by with their marbles (from their folks, grandfolks, barn finds....) wanting to sell them.  Many good deals have been found.

18 hours ago, Chad G. said:

1 hour ago, Al Oregon said:

A little add-on here.  There are marble collectors (sellers) that do come to the show only and that is the only time you will see them.  There are deals to be made.  Plus, there are local people that come by with their marbles (from their folks, grandfolks, barn finds....) wanting to sell them.  Many good deals have been found.

Thanks for the info 👍

I always go a few days early for in room but almost always stay for the actual show. Like Al said, on show day I check all that I have not seen the previous days. But the in room is my favorite and always has been. More time to search, more time to talk, learn and get to know people from every where. Many are long time good friends.  Every part, every minute at a marble show is good. Nothing will ever compare to having them in hand. If you try ? You can learn more at one marble show than a year with a marble book. Take a very good light, ask questions, open ears and have a back brace.   Cash helps and never have enough.   

• Haha 1

I will definitely be at the Vegas show. But trying to plan a "vacation " to another one...

3 hours ago, wvrons said:

I always go a few days early for in room but almost always stay for the actual show. Like Al said, on show day I check all that I have not seen the previous days. But the in room is my favorite and always has been. More time to search, more time to talk, learn and get to know people from every where. Many are long time good friends.  Every part, every minute at a marble show is good. Nothing will ever compare to having them in hand. If you try ? You can learn more at one marble show than a year with a marble book. Take a very good light, ask questions, open ears and have a back brace.   Cash helps and never have enough.   

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ok I didn't want to start a new thread so I was wondering what sizes did Akro make sparklers. 

my largest from production is 3/4 " , pic ... and i have several dug at 7/8 ".  double ingots .... bill

24 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

my largest from production is 3/4 " , pic ... and i have several dug at 7/8 ".  double ingots .... bill

AND . . . . I happen to have a few great ones around 5/8" . . . come on Bill, show us some Sparklers.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:28 PM, wvrons said:

I sold my mint original box set of 100 count Akro Sparklers.  100 in a original box is a nice site to see. 

I have seen one somewhere, might have been yours . . . do you have a pic you could show?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mibcapper said:

Thanks Bill. So can one Assume....that some 7/8 were produced for market 🤔

But safely said 3/4 and 5/8 are what was mostly made.

5 hours ago, wvrons said:

The majority were 5/8 and 11/16 size.  I have not seen a normal standard 7/8 Akro sparkler.  

yes ... the 7/8" i have ... i dug. never seen 1 on bay .. real sparkler .... or at shows ..... bill ....... gotta toot on this 1 ..... best i've seen since i snapped this 1 from mel elam long ago. 10 + colors .....  forgot to mention ... it's cased ..... 

47 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

yes ... the 7/8" i have ... i dug. never seen 1 on bay .. real sparkler .... or at shows ..... bill ....... gotta toot on this 1 ..... best i've seen since i snapped this 1 from mel elam long ago. 10 + colors ..... 

🤯 Amazing...:clap2:

2 hours ago, mibcapper said:

yes ... the 7/8" i have ... i dug. never seen 1 on bay .. real sparkler .... or at shows ..... bill ....... gotta toot on this 1 ..... best i've seen since i snapped this 1 from mel elam long ago. 10 + colors .....  forgot to mention ... it's cased ..... 

Mmm Mmm !! ........ Akrolitiouse !!