West Virginia Wednesday !!

Just a “Clearie”?  Try UV light and be Rewarded.
At Just a hair over 7/8” This is a “Clearie” (Clear as in no color with just a hint of yellow UV reaction possible in hand---no yellow reaction here—just a gut check)—it is slightly out of round and it is an Akro imho—probably from a dig.
Yes, this is the same marble—both sets.
 This is why the new generation of collectors loves a good black-light marble (or some of the older collectors as well—I sure do!)
UV light reveals a lot—cut me some slack on the blue reflections; they are from the UV light which was deployed. The orange is the thing---just killer—under UV it looks solid and opaque. 
The camera flash reveals some brown in this “Clearie” which is just crystal clear in hand. I tried my best—no sunlight today—go figure.
“Backlight them all” and hit them all with UV light as well. They may not be worth a terrible lot but once you find them they are priceless. They all deserve a good look!
We all love this stuff—I sure do!!
Marble—On!!

One final.jpg

Two final.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

image.png.56b3e7edf6b199388e777c1d5af6d192.png

image.png.8aa90a600e83845aa3805d030cfe9b73.png                   :worms:                        image.png.3d59af36ba2d9867bb2dacc831f2c358.png

Both Akro, the same colors but not for this "West Virginia Wednesday"

3.PNG

56 (2).PNG

• Like 1

I've grabbed these about every chance I've had. Years ago we sorted them as Champions but at the Indy Show earlier this year I put one in Ron's hands and he said "that's a nice Heaton". I also see that Bob Block sold one in a Heaton group last year so I am now convinced they are Heatons. Very nice marbles too, IMO - sorry it's not the best photo.

RicA0070.jpg.1c182c1cebb7d1a2911a87bfd42ffe87.jpg

Thanks Ric! Originally we thought it was a furnace, but things were wrong, like pattern and that crystal clear base glass. We pondered CAC and other makers and finally matched it up with the dug orange and yellow Ravenswoods Ron had. The added dark purplish color wasn't present on his but I later found one that had that too. It's with my Ravenswoods. 

• Award 1