I expect, everybody that has intrest in what, when and where has been waiting for this set. Ha, lowly 2 patch? Not.

Through years of wonder these may come as a surprise. If you're thorough while shopping you can find MK J-box/package that are dated 1967 on the rear side. There's plenty of this style packages made so, it does not mean they are dated too.

Regardless, sorry, also old and poor graphic photo,, again,,..

Here's an assortment, I sorted, long time ago to show what MK's are like around the 1970's:

Notably, at bottom right, some are a light green base with orange and or brown.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.1a06426b8c59509bae64a07f6a2aa76a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

So, here's some 4 color cat's I'd never seen before Ray Tretrick offered them for sale in 2009. He said they were very old and rare. With MK reproducing new like the old, I could not be certain. White, blue, yellow, green and some blending.

Later he sold them at Ebay so, somebody has them now. Who knows, new or old?

203771251_CrossthrewcatsRayclaimsoldcolorMKRayTerick2009.jpg.494db55038dbb912edbb0d6df0126d1c.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

So, here's some 4 color cat's I'd never seen before Ray Tretrick offered them for sale in 2009. He said they were very old and rare. With MK reproducing new like the old, I could not be certain. White, blue, yellow, green and some blending.

Later he sold them at Ebay so, somebody has them now. Who knows, new or old?

203771251_CrossthrewcatsRayclaimsoldcolorMKRayTerick2009.jpg.494db55038dbb912edbb0d6df0126d1c.jpg

I have a couple of these too, and wonder as well.  :)

On 5/15/2023 at 4:53 PM, Dave 13 said:

Yes I remember that now too , it’s got something to do with the vein colour placement 

That subject only referred to 4 color, red, yellow, green and blue. That, new vs old is known; In MK's old 4-color St. Mary's  Cats, the blue and green are opposing each other. This is also the case in this four-color mystery, yet instead of red, it's white.

• Thanks 1

In the late 1980's, at a flea market, there were a lot of 40-50 pound factory boxes filled with these and the same or similar base glass color with other opaque patch and ribbons, blue, green, and maybe a few more. At that time, I had not been an avid collector and only got some because it was the only colors in those boxes that I remembered, as a kid, a patch and ribbon wasp was hard to get. There might have been yellow as in Bumble bee but they were, when a kid, too common. 

I think it was, like 10 cent each so, I splurged to buy 2 or 3 bucks worth. It wasn't very much later until I manged to get the right types I'd had as a kid, white based Wasps and realized these had just cooled. Ha.

MKTransparentWasp.jpg.154c501bc8bfb1955cff823ecbbf30a9.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a Paden City dug-up that is hardly, if ever, seen. Unfortunately, old poor graphics but you should be able to see enough striping to get it. Also, a bit unusual as most blended red/yellow 'Blended Red, or Ruby Bees' are 1/32-1/16" smaller, like Chinese checker sizes.

5/8" Blended Peach Bee.

1619720921_5-8thinchBlendedPeachbee.jpg.04575b993cf7d6ac2c4ea1cc3b00d829.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Ric said:

Has anyone ever seen the booklet being offered in this 1969 advertisement?

I may have seen it without knowing it.

I doubt that is displays as shown in this add.

If it was a Marble King produced item--there would be some ID on the cover at the very least.

(you know that "Berry Pink" would be all over the cover)

Nice advertisement piece Ric!

MNarble--On!!

On 6/5/2023 at 6:40 AM, Jeff54 said:

Here's a Paden City dug-up that is hardly, if ever, seen. Unfortunately, old poor graphics but you should be able to see enough striping to get it. Also, a bit unusual as most blended red/yellow 'Blended Red, or Ruby Bees' are 1/32-1/16" smaller, like Chinese checker sizes.

5/8" Blended Peach Bee.

1619720921_5-8thinchBlendedPeachbee.jpg.04575b993cf7d6ac2c4ea1cc3b00d829.jpg

Nice blended bee Jeff 👍

20 hours ago, akroorka said:

OK, 
Here I go again posting first on MK Monday--what is up with that??
Post some MK's here and never look back. 
Marble King made some great ones and they are still avaiable.
Marble—On!!

MK truck.JPG

MK truck2.JPG

Nice group of Marble Kings Art the truck is cool 

19 hours ago, Ric said:

Has anyone ever seen the booklet being offered in this 1969 advertisement?

https://uskings.us/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/marrble-1.jpg

Wow very cool Ric 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...