Don't open until Monday!

Ray Tetrick offered this group to me; Dec 2, 2009.

One and only one, red and green appears, maybe, to be a patch and ribbon. 

I was tempted to get them, not because of a potential watermelon prospect, but the green, red and white reminds me of Christmas circa 1964. I mean, I think I remember them brand new around that time and thought they were Christmassy then. If I recall correctly, these and quite a few others were found under a shed, as ground fill material, in Paden City at the time.

216925260_UnusualgreenandredquestionablewatermelonsMKRayTerick2009.jpg.97e9886a966dc42669b0bff98739e677.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, Jeff54 said:

Don't open until Monday!

Ray Tetrick offered this group to me; Dec 2, 2009.

One and only one, red and green appears, maybe, to be a patch and ribbon. 

I was tempted to get them, not because of a potential watermelon prospect, but the green, red and white reminds me of Christmas circa 1964. I mean, I think I remember them brand new around that time and thought they were Christmassy then. If I recall correctly, these and quite a few others were found under a shed, as ground fill material, in Paden City at the time.

216925260_UnusualgreenandredquestionablewatermelonsMKRayTerick2009.jpg.97e9886a966dc42669b0bff98739e677.jpg

Whops! I totally forgot. I'm digging around for some marbles I did get from Ray 2009. About 20 or so, of some especially hard to get MK's, they can't be lost, just hiding. 

Turning up every corner, nick and cranny including all the hybrid and odd stuff Jillian found in Paden City dumps. And what U no, I do have one of these Christmassy green and red Rainbo reds. It's pretty darned nice too. The patch is a red/brown, almost wants to be purple but not quite. Two different colors on the ribbons. One is a strong red, the other, the red-brown. 

As Rainbo reds go, (yeah, what you don't see in the photo is white base without more color,  the south pole is always white, no patch.)

With the green, the color contrast is much nicer than these. 

I'll try to take a photo soon. :)

• Like 1

MK Christmassy 5/8"

Finally, as promised. Can't believe how hard it's been. 1st and 2nd attempt wasn't saved when I made the shots. Micro not clean focused. I give, as these are good enough. Now you can see the white. It's patched on top, then green ribbon, and another set of red, then white under the ribbons. I was thinking "Rainbow red" but those would not have a patch on the top. 

"Christmassy" I wouldn't call this watermelon but, these are very hard to find. Perhaps the hardest in these colors resembling a Watermelon but not. IDK, maybe U could say: All red watermelon? 

What would you call them? 

Who can give then a name they deserve? 

2105308395_5-8thMarbkeKingChristmasy3.JPG.6ca4ebe708fa119c20984ad90016aecb.JPG

It's not an all red rather, they're patch and ribbon. 

144915984_5-8thMarbkeKingChristmasy2.JPG.cb167493de917c57078f8b22657c41b6.JPG1392418079_5-8thMarbkeKingChristmasy4.JPG.3baf57d7b52a09947f70bd0083dcf334.JPG2084434128_5-8thMarbkeKingChristmasy5.JPG.e428e2451de9aa950399d458ee0d3261.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff54 said:

MK Christmassy 5/8 . . .

Cool marble, Jeff - to me, it looks more like a Rainbow Red with a additional patch than a P&R that's missing a patch so if it was mine, I might call it a Rainbow Red Christmas. If I thought it was supposed to be a P&R, I might opt for a Bottomless Watermelon. lol

Edited by Ric

11 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Let me guess, these are super rare, and I will never, ever own one. :(

I pulled those out of a few pint jars that Beri Fox (owner of MK) had at the 2010 Sistersville Marble Festival. They are all I have and I don't know how many were made or how easy they are to find. But it seems I have seen them come up on that demon EBay before. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Ric said:

I pulled those out of a few pint jars that Beri Fox (owner of MK) had at the 2010 Sistersville Marble Festival. They are all I have and I don't know how many were made or how easy they are to find. But it seems I have seen them come up on that demon EBay before. lol

Ooooh.  I'll definitely keep a look out for them!