These sat in a leather box on my desk with a bunch of Akros and other marbles for about 25 years to give people something to play with - they were already pretty beat when I put them in there. And in all that time, only a Superman went missing. One of my colleague's young boys was the culprit and I knew it but didn't say anything. He had picked up that marble every time he came in my office for a couple of years before it went MIA. Then one day, about a week after it went missing, he came in looking unusually sullen, pulled it out of his pocket, and produced the cutest heartfelt apology I have ever seen. I talked with him a little about the error of his ways and he left knowing we were still friends. A few weeks later he came back to visit displaying his typical high spirits and went straight for that marble again. It reminded me that in the end these really are just kids toys so I gave it to him.

RicA0108.jpg.177f9a05f88a71d9bc4b6b317bac868c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 3
  • Care 1

6 hours ago, Ric said:

These sat in a leather box on my desk with a bunch of Akros and other marbles for about 25 years to give people something to play with - they were already pretty beat when I put them in there. And in all that time, only a Superman went missing. One of my colleague's young boys was the culprit and I knew it but didn't say anything. He had picked up that marble every time he came in my office for a couple of years before it went MIA. Then one day, about a week after it went missing, he came in looking unusually sullen, pulled it out of his pocket, and produced the cutest heartfelt apology I have ever seen. I talked with him a little about the error of his ways and he left knowing we were still friends. A few weeks later he came back to visit displaying his typical high spirits and went straight for that marble again. It reminded me that in the end these really are just kids toys so I gave it to him.

RicA0108.jpg.177f9a05f88a71d9bc4b6b317bac868c.jpg

Awesomeness! Thank you for sharing.