Slags & Swirls Saturday!!

William

35 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I see one Heaton corkscrew-red and white--cool beans.

What do you call the stuff that they are bedded in--also very cool. Marble foam, I like it.

Marble--On!!

It's a ying - yang pattern, there were loads of them in the mix, I kept the best ones and cleaned em up. Hang on a sec, I'll get the foam link to Amazon. This is the link to theย  seating pads, there areย two sizes, the better deal is the bed sized one. A little researchย will turn up just what you want. I ordered both and glad I did because of the differing sizes in the holes, one fits up to 11/16ths comfortablyย and the smaller pad like this one, has bigger divots & will hold 3/4" and a bit bigger very comfortably. Waterproof and easy cut to fit whatever yourย dimensions have.

LINK :ย ย https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RGD37M5/ref=sspa_dk_detail_7?pd_rd_i=B07RGD37M5&pd_rd_w=yEHxn&pf_rd_p=

Here's a pic of one of the Heatonย  "corkscrew" lookalikes

ย 

image.png.567ab5057faea7cfabdaa7b194eda3c5.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, akroorka said:

Thanks for the link, my order is in๐Ÿคฉ

severalย companiesย make exactly the same thing, called "Eva Foam" I think. I like the the two colored type as you ordered, you'll find the full bed size also, I've used I don't know how many to make my own boxes and displays Chuck (cheese) is the one that gave me the link in the first place.ย  Aha !! found the full size that cheese gave me the link to in the first place, this one comes with a vid for ya to watch.

LINK :ย ย https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018OOE2ZC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_w=LozjE&pf_rd_p=9fd3ea7c-b77c-42ac-b43b-c872d3f37c38&pd_rd_wg=

• Award 1

17 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Wow super nice my first though is Akro but hopefully someone else will add to this ,crazy nice colour combo top shelf slagย 

Nice! I just don't know how you all know the difference between them? amazing Thank you! maybe one day my brain will retain info!

I've missed this place, and many of the people in it! But I've been preoccupied with a family medical situation for the past few months (my soon to be 94 year-old Mother). Things are a bit calmer at the moment but you probably won't see me around much for a while longer. In the meantime, I hope you all have great holidays!

Ric196.jpg.e5c668b8dae4552c408037082fd3ac1e.jpg

ย 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've missed this place, and many of the people in it! But I've been preoccupied with a family medical situation for the past few months (my soon to be 94 year-old Mother). Things are a bit calmer at the moment but you probably won't see me around much for a while longer. In the meantime, I hope you all have great holidays!

ย 

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

44 minutes ago, Ric said:

ย 

There is nothing but support from me Ric. My mother passed at 90 earlier this year. I was lucky in the sense that all of my siblings were on the same page. Keep on keepin on! This too shall pass!

Great marble by the way--I love these crystal clear based white slags.

Marble--On!!

50 minutes ago, Ric said:

ย 

Nice to see a post from ya Ric. Our thoughts are with ya ...happy holidays...

Nice slag love the clear ones...๐Ÿ’ฅ

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Any information on this slag/swirl will be greatly appreciated! size 1 inchย ย 

slag1.jpg

At 1 inch I would agree that it is an Akro---Top Notch for sure. One of the very best big slags that I have seen--ever. It does appear to be a machine made marble and Akro made more of these that any other.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

โ€œJabo Contract Marblesโ€ are all over the place on e-bay, all glitter and sparkle but this one caught my eye. Round and mint at ยพโ€. I cannot remember the runโ€”I just get them because I like them.
I asked myself โ€œHow many Oxblood, transparent based swirls do you haveโ€. Some of these are worth shelling out for imho. I do not need hundreds of them, one or two will do.
Marbleโ€”On!!
ย 

Jabo Ox Swirl one.jpg

Jabo Ox Swirl two.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ric said:

ย 

Good to see you Ric !!ย  I'll be prayin for your Mother & Family !!

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

At 1 inch I would agree that it is an Akro---Top Notch for sure. One of the very best big slags that I have seen--ever. It does appear to be a machine made marble and Akro made more of these that any other.

Marble--On!!

wow Thank you! so good to know! I have had this one for about 5 years I think I paid 15 for it! I just got back back from watching the new Spiderman no way home movie! it was really good!

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

โ€œJabo Contract Marblesโ€ are all over the place on e-bay, all glitter and sparkle but this one caught my eye. Round and mint at ยพโ€. I cannot remember the runโ€”I just get them because I like them.
I asked myself โ€œHow many Oxblood, transparent based swirls do you haveโ€. Some of these are worth shelling out for imho. I do not need hundreds of them, one or two will do.
Marbleโ€”On!!
ย 

Jabo Ox Swirl one.jpg

Jabo Ox Swirl two.jpg

Beautiful!

4 hours ago, Ric said:

ย 

Prayers being said for you and your familyโ™ฅ