Ever feel like a suckeršŸ­

8 minutes ago, thaBlest1 said:

Thatā€™s the thing. I donā€™t even know. IĀ 

Are they some of the ones you've been posting for I.D. ??Ā  Maybe you can post a good group shot just for starters so the board members can get a general idea of what you have, some "regular" looking marbles areĀ quite rare & or valuableĀ and unless you have a pretty good workingĀ knowledgeĀ you'll never know.Ā  Hopefully we'll be able to help ya out, one things for sure you're gonna get honest answersĀ here.

• Like 2

Ya know I found it best after a let down to reset and focus on what I like and what I can afford. Though occasionally I go outside this idea, hence the reset.

If you buy what you like and what you find attractive you'll be less likely to get disappointed and if you're stuck with the marble then at least you like it.

I have cat eyes I bought in 1977 because I wanted them real bad and I still have them and some other marbles, long before I knew any had value.

Marble on my friend,

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I do gamble once and a while on eBay. For example, have a $20 small lot coming simply because it appeared to have an egg yolk Akro shooter in it, which might be worth $20 if it's particularly mint and the pattern looks as cool as I think it is.

Also sometimes I buy agates that I suspect aren't hand-faceted. About one out of four times they turn out to be the real deal.

My rejects I put in my big jar which I sometimes let neighborhood children take marbles from.

For me the anticipation thrill is almost worth about $20, so as long as I don't do this too often, it feels like part of the fun.

• Like 1

It happens. I paid 20 bucks for a bunch of mibs at a yard sale mostly because I had been goin' thru a dry spell and just needed some to pick thru and hey there's always a good one in every jar, right? Wrong, all newer or common. But the jar is worth around 50 bucks (a 3 LĀ  Ball mason) so It's all good. Thanks

Bruce

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm with Bruce on that one. I'm almost always grabbing jars for anywhere from $20-$40 on average. But always taking into account the jar itself. A couple of nice jars too mention was a HTF coffee jar with original lid and embossed lettering (can't think of the brand at the moment?), and a Superman peanut butter jar also with original lid. The mibs, more often than not I break even or get a little ahead with some lucky pulls. Also on a few occasions I have hit some mibs that are great too. I love the thrill of the chase šŸ˜Š

• Like 1