Akro or maybe a pelt Honey Onyx

Dave 13

1 hour ago, Dave 13 said:

I found the pic I was looking for a box of Honey onyx .I read there all in the bigger size ,so I think it’s safe to say mine is one ?  

EF28CAB5-1291-4EFF-A2E2-1C0C88C428FC.jpeg

More opinions will obviously come forth, but it sure does look like the boxed mibs....nice looking too 👍

• Like 1

Well to be quite honest, my first thought was “is that a “Honey Onyx”—very cool”.
I have not researched them enough to make a call. I am surprised to see the claim of them all being “bigger”. I always figured that they were 5/8”.
More input on these is needed here—I know my pelts but I am in a conundrum on these.
All opinions are needed here.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

Well to be quite honest, my first thought was “is that a “Honey Onyx”—very cool”.

Mine too. But I`ve never seen one in person, so I deferred. I think they`re rare. Or at least VHTF,

• Like 1

I had (1) 0ne, maybe two, long ago, looked exactly as the ones in the box in the OP, same shade, green stripe location, patch, everything. After a few years I gave up on getting a boxes worth. Here are a couple links that will be helpful (I hope)  I know honey onyx are usually larger than 5/8ths, mostly around 23/32nds are a translucent (semi opaque) based patch. Yes, a VHTF mib IMO.

Darn, I was sure I had @ least one pic saved, I just looked in one of my old Pelt folders, I had multiple pix  @ one time, ah along w/ other things & moving several times lost in the shuffle !! I'll look again a bit later, I may have pix of it straggling in some other place ??

LINK ::  https://www.icollector.com/BB-Marbles-Peltier-Honey-Onyx-23-32-9-8_i7156968

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44740&p=328406&hilit=peltier+honey+onyx#p328406

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44338&p=326062&hilit=peltier+honey+onyx#p326062

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/27173-peltier-tuesday/page/21/#comment-244362

• Like 1

Mine had a finer green line very similar to the ones in the box and closely resembling Dave's marble though I'm not positive about the I.D. of Dave's ?? The green line on every example I've seen & had is always @ or near one side of the patch, as in all marbles there are exceptions.   I've seen them between 23/32nds & 3/4ths but not @ 15/16ths

• Like 1

A thought on the Honey Onyx. 

There are some nice and uncommon Pelts out there which are prettier than the Honey Onyx, but which get looks of disapproval because they aren't that one particular marble that has that particular name Honey Onyx.

I don't feel qualified to judge a Honey Onyx.  Just saying that your marble is at least as pretty as a Honey Onyx, whatever it turns out to be.

• Like 2

Hi everyone thx for your assistance/opinions 👍,I tried doing more research on size and mine would be out of the norm at 15/16  I think , but could also be why it’s got that fold / double cut look at the one end , and why the red looks deeper It’s one of them mibs that would have to be seen in hand at a show for ID ,and that’s not going to happen to far for this Canadian 🍁 ,so for now I’m with Ann 👍it’s just a cool played with no name pelt thanks again 

When I’m looking to aquire a marble, I’m looking way beyond how “pretty” it may or may not be! Lots of Jabos, Vacors and other new marbles could be said to be pretty but worth very little and artificially made Htf just by controlling the amount produced. Lots of pelts and AKROs are but are they sought after for only that reason or also because of their history and rarity. I think the honey onyx has all those things. Lots of people own old Fords, not many have the Shelby two seat sports job. 

Jon

Hi Jon thx ,I agree with what your saying if your a pelt head your after the rare ones blue galaxy 🌌 etc, each maker has there rarities and they fetch a good $ even in played with condition 

And if you like old ford muscle cars like I do this is probably your dream car … Eleanor …  this is the car off gone in 60 seconds apparently it’s up for sale I didn’t win the lottery on Friday so it will be someone else’s and I’ll be back to work tomorrow 🫥

7BC6BF2D-9E23-4684-AA24-3306AD4ED1F3.jpeg

On 9/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Carowill said:

DACC540D-63A3-4AA6-B0C5-BD12C8127187.thumb.jpeg.979ce3f192b40e309ff1549e1f7730f6.jpegFA9A16B8-974E-45FC-AF32-9B1BC185CB60.thumb.jpeg.22bfa792f424389b20899a9aea98e8af.jpeg

Killer pelt yours has the textbook look 👍I have seen another box online with ones that look like yours  but not close ups thanks for showing us not many pics of these around just like the grey coat and copperhead not many pics of them either