Striped Transparent? .61"

NeozLilBallz

This is the "Striped Transparent" definition I go by.

image.thumb.png.0a1979963a2c07140a74ca9b60e34787.png

Example of a striped transparent IMO

image.thumb.png.2d2e1ed2b1032bcabc907659ed21b3e5.png

• Award 1

Chad, European and American "Striped Transparents" are a bit different. 

I agree with "slag" on the blue one since it is American and "striped transparent" on the European one because that's the custom for the European ones. 

[Edit: At least I'm assuming the orange is European.  Where is that definition from?  I couldn't find it with Google.]

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steph said:

Chad, European and American "Striped Transparents" are a bit different. 

I agree with "slag" on the blue one since it is American and "striped transparent" on the European one because that's the custom for the European ones. 

To me you can have many different colors @ on or very near the surface but any opaque color going into the interior changes the definition of Transparent to Submarine.  I know the German striped transparents are usually I.D. by looking for a "gap" where the seams are, there are some exceptions that are very hard to tell from a CAC so size can play a part. Just my understanding ?? I thought both only have surface opaque colors ??  Welcome to the intercontinental land of confusion @ least for me ....  :badgrin:

• Like 2

I am of the thought that this is a striped transparent as the opaque glass is on or near surface as Chad said. To me slags need to have much more of the opaque glass on the surface as well as swirling inside the matrix. Just seems to me a completely different style of marble to say that  it’s just a slag, but who knows…terminology is changing…it’s always changing! Lol 

• Like 1

It’s a worthy endeavor to define striped Transparents here in this thread as there are conflicting definitions in print circulating out there  in the world.  I was still under the impression it had to be a different color other than white (or in addition to white) and the others with white both on and inside were slags (but no I am not calling transparent swirls slags, just by the slag makers)

On 9/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, Fire1981 said:

Backlight it. It could be a veneer Vitro on transparent blue base glass 🔥

Sure looks like a Vitro to me ,go look in the let’s see your Vitro thread I show a few with that fold that is seen in the OP mib , the cuts look Vitro yep I’m thinking Vitro 

• Like 1

My brain eye function gets tricky since a brain/bleed stroke 3 year ago so, I have to really concentrate to get it in photos. Lines with intersections are hard now. Anyway, the topic does look a lot CAC diaper fold, but would need it in hand to confer. And in CAC stripers, they are not all white on a transparent or clear albeit you'd see more of them vs rarer CAC colors. There's red on clear, Electric or is usually orange on clear, yellow, green and others.  If it goes 'submarine' it's because many do but not all They're just so rare you hardly ever see them. On the other end, it's hard to find a white that submarines on transparent too. 

I have a few Electric oranges and a red too, but no photos to show today. Yet, I recovered the old photo of my Electric green recently:

BTW, Nice CAC striper there, Chad, some tunnel action too and that is not a euro two seam striper. It looks almost peach, but they are very had to shoot and get color dead on. I Have a big peach, and while hard to shoot, The CAC peach, is hard to describe but when you see it in person, it's just so peachy and unique, you'd never wonder if it's orangie/amber-y or what. 

680251123_TheonlyGreenChristensenAgateelectricgreenopaqueandclearstripedtransparent.jpg.b376c115c12ad52ce5a11c025ef8f740.jpg

• Wow 1