Akro oxblood?

Melissa

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Enlighten us.

There are a few Vitro Patch types that look an awful lot like common Akro Ox patches.

Take a closer look at this one imho.

Marble--on!!

I guessed vitro or Kokomo. This pic was posted to a Facebook group and IDed Akro oxblood by several people. I couldn’t believe it so I shared with a friend and she thought Akro too. I wasn’t seeing Akro at all. 🤣

2 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

That’s 100 percent a vitro and also not Oxblood imo.

I would not be so sure on that Pittsburg. For 1 the blue are the most common, 2. they're all translucent simi-opaque white and 3. Oxblood is difficult to photograph and not all are as bloody and grainy in the most common Oxblood style Akro made. I just pulled this photo off the net for the 5 or 6 blue colored that's in it:

Lot-32-AKRO-AGATE-COMPANY-Patch-Oxblood_

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

That’s 100 percent a vitro and also not Oxblood imo.

I will not go 100%---never--well almost never😁. I will agree to a point. I collect Akro oxblood patches on a regular basis and pass on many Vitros that look similar.

The Akro "oxblood patches" had a variety of colors involved and depths of color in the oxblood.

8 hours ago, Melissa said:

Thanks for making me not feel so crazy. :)

This has been fun Melissa.

I wish that you could get some better images.

Marble--On!!

46 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I will not go 100%---never--well almost never😁. I will agree to a point. I collect Akro oxblood patches on a regular basis and pass on many Vitros that look similar.

The Akro "oxblood patches" had a variety of colors involved and depths of color in the oxblood.

This has been fun Melissa.

I wish that you could get some better images.

Marble--On!!

If this was my marble, I'd definitely post more pics.  An interesting discussion for sure! :)

Send me a link via “Personal Message”—or PM and I will take a look with my imaging software.
I am still at 50-50 Akro vs Vitro on the OP.
These Akro oxblood patches are all over the place with coverage, colors, sizes and just plain desirability.
I just love them.
Marble—On!!

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Send me a link via “Personal Message”—or PM and I will take a look with my imaging software.
I am still at 50-50 Akro vs Vitro on the OP.
These Akro oxblood patches are all over the place with coverage, colors, sizes and just plain desirability.
I just love them.
Marble—On!!

I can’t send images via private message and the Facebook group is private so I can’t send a link. Here are the original images provided. 

01C4A907-6705-4822-95B7-FACB65956849.jpeg

C99315BD-1AF7-401D-B32D-9F36BB72194C.jpeg

This helps.
It is not the Akro “Oxblood Patch” that we are all familiar with.

There is no oxblood in the OP or the  nicer images that you posted.
I have never been able to sort these as any named Vitro. I do believe that it could be a Vitro lacking in some other colors.
Marble—On!!