Post your Bifurcated Pelts

Fire1981

20 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

OP is not even a Pelt IMO, here's one I had auctioned off in 09, the base is half yellow and half green, guess you could call it a Bee dragon .. :dunno:

8.PNG

MC LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/23975-opaque-translucent-transparent-based-marbles-and-the-process-that-made-them/ 

image.thumb.png.12e7113c34f40d1a829f891e3236ce2f.png

AAM LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?t=16231

image.png.fc23a4a2f352178c7bae0fcc341f1394.png

image.png.b7c7ffb0ffb05cdbc72b7f3df8dd1c99.png

• Like 2
  • Award 1

3 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

Pics that I had saved.  The latter two include marbles that Guy Gregg (RIP) considered as bifurcated . . .

I'm surprised to hear this because I guess it would mean that a typical fruit cocktail is bifurcated?

Is the idea that a bifurcated marble has a color that only appears on one side of the marble?

As far as Bifurcated marbles go I believe the standing definition is as illustrated above. I wasn't aware different colored pairs of ribbons on each side of a single colored base counted as bifurcated ??  always thought it was two different base colors ??

Definition taken from post on AAM ::

image.thumb.png.055fd7a227e1266db4b5277b90191079.png

Color me confused as well, I thought true Bifurcates were rare ??

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'd be interested in what other long time Pelt collectors have to say.  15 years or so ago, the pictures that I posted by Guy and Chuck were considered to be bifurcated just like the OP and first pic in my post above.  I have seen it narrowed down in recent years to just the base glass being the bifurcation.  Either type is hard to find.

I must chime into this conversation. Chad is correct, and as for me, but this is me, i agree with him on some "Rainbos" as (not) that are half n half or so call bifurcates. In my (opinion) the example has to one half on color and the other half another color. what we could (call) the plain "Rainbos" with two ribbons one color and two another color, we will let the marble society call them. The other term, (flip flop) colors is a good term.  In general (all) two or three terms will continue to be discussed. I will add this for one of the HTF ones to find is the colored transparent base pelts that are bifurcates. Yes, there are some but very few and far in between.  Al is correct, some are VHTF. Chuck G---

On 10/1/2023 at 11:12 PM, Chad G. said:

OP is not even a Pelt IMO,

I agree-- it looks like an Akro "Tricolor" patch more than anything to me.

Marble--On!!

On 10/1/2023 at 6:59 PM, Fire1981 said:

I can’t start because I don’t have any 🔥

I will have to re-check my Pelts Fire. If I find one it is all yours.

The term "Bifurcated" is realtively new to me 4-5 years maybe.

Marble--On!!