🎅🎄Christmas marble mail drawing for new collectors! Reply by December 10th, 2023 to enter the drawing.

bumblebee

Tis' the season for giving, so I am putting together a Christmas marble mail package for one of our newer collectors.

This drawing is for those collectors who will dance like Walter Huston in Treasure of the Sierra Madre when they see vintage tri-color veneered patches and marbles with a neat spiral pattern. 🤣

In other words, I ask the old timers to take a step back and let the newcomers enjoy a better chance at winning all the marbles. But I won't judge anyone for entering, so you do you!

The rules:

1. You must be registered here as a user prior to the date of this post.
  2. To enter, simply reply here with the the phrase: I WANT ALL THE MARBLES! (You are free to reply and say other things, but you won't be entered unless you write I WANT ALL THE MARBLES!)
  3. On December 11th, I will put all the names in a hat and have my daughter choose the winner at random.
  4. I will message the winner and send the marbles to their shipping address.

While it won't help you win, if you write in your reply why you want to win, it may inspire me to sweeten the pot even more.

The drawing ends by end of day December 10th, 2023, so good luck!

santa_claus_with_a_sleigh_full_of_toy_marbles.png

Names entered as of 12/5: @B-rett66, @Linda Gail, @Melissa, @Djp5690, @Big Billy red beard

• Like 3

This morning, on my way to work, a disheveled elf called me into an alleyway and showed me this picture on his tiny flip phone, claiming it was part of the Christmas marble package being worked on in Santa's workshop.

Of course, I cannot confirm nor deny this because that would spoil the gift, but I might as well share what I saw:

a_shady_Christmas_elf_in_an_alleyway_showing_a_picture_of_marbles_on_his_small_flip_phone.png

image.png

• Like 3

Santa's elf has been busy. All the major American marble makers are in this lot, as well as a couple of surprises.

When I first started collecting, it was difficult to find vintage marbles in the wild that were in mint-range condition. Took me a while before I truly understood how good a marble can look in mint condition, which is one reason why marble shows are so instructive and inspiring. In that spirit, most of these marbles are in the higher mint range.

santa's_elves_making_marbles.png

allthemarbles.jpg

• Like 3
  • Care 1

On 12/1/2023 at 1:46 AM, bumblebee said:

Tis' the season for giving, so I am putting together a Christmas marble mail package for one of our newer collectors.

Great idea bumblebee--next year give some of us older collectors a chance to contribute to this great idea--I surely would as most here would as well.
Marble—On For sure!!

• Like 1
  • Award 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Great idea bumblebee--next year give some of us older collectors a chance to contribute to this great idea--I surely would as most here would as well.
Marble—On For sure!!

Good idea! I think we could come up with something to do as a group that would get more newcomers excited with marble mail.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, B-rett66 said:

Bumblebee sent me a tracking number so the waiting game has begun. I bet I’ve looked at the USPS number three times today. LOL. I need to act my age. Wait, that’s no fun. 

5 days "tops"  probably 4, what a fantastic surprise Brother    :pirate: I bet this'll get your motor runnin !!