Steph

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, bumblebee said:

Some of my favorite agates, aggies, realers, carnelians, etc. While I cannot live without my glassies, these are still my favorite marble to have and to hold.

Nice ones! Some of my favorites too, especially if they're translucent.

Ric660_zpsd37nhgvb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 10:05 PM, ManofKent said:

Lovely Benningtons Ric - I've not come across pink ones yet.

Thank you. The big one is most likely from The American Marble & Toy Manufacturing Co, most would not call it a Bennington - American stoneware, perhaps. Their marbles lack the multiple eyes seen on most German Benningtons. They also used a distinctly different blue color and the finish, overall, is notably different. The pink one looks somewhat similar but I think it's probably German - a Pink Bennington.

There are at least three more AM&T Co. marbles here. The top corner marbles are American earthenware - a different beast, probably made elsewhere. I am not too sure about the middle right one, although I think it might be German. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Ric510_zpsoovp3fho.jpg

Like the bloody marble! I bet it had a nickname. I'll call it the Bloody Knuckler.

Finally beat you guys to a Buy it Now. Both lots for under $20 with shipping. Seller didn't put the sizes but I was pleasantly surprised all were over 5/8". Four had facets (bottom group) but I could not spot facets on the bigger group. Also included an Akro moss agate not shown here.nofacets.jpg

faceted.jpg