How can you copy pictures off ebay ??

mmuehlba

I generally use Firefox for browsing. Firefox won't let me save the pix. So when I want a pic, I go to Explorer.

If that fails and I really really really want it, I take a screenshot.

Steph, I don't what the problem is with your setup but I use Firefox exclusively and have no trouble downloading pics.

Another small program I use to take portions of a screen shot is Snipping Tool from Microsoft.

Steph, I don't what the problem is with your setup but I use Firefox exclusively and have no trouble downloading pics.

Another small program I use to take portions of a screen shot is Snipping Tool from Microsoft.

I can usually grab pictures from almost anywhere and just drag them to my desk top...no copy , paste, download or anything just grab (click on them) and drag (while still holding your mouse key down pull the picture to your desk top and drop it there)...try it...Nancy

Are you able to download pix from ebay?

I can download pix from lots of places but not from ebay. Well, not from Marble Connection either for that matter. I mean not from the Marble Connection attachments. I could right click and download the photo above. But if I want to get an attached photo from MC I have to go back to Explorer.

edit: Oh wait .... you said drag. I haven't tried dragging. Let me check that out.

No, I couldn't figure out how to drag the pix at ebay. :(

Used this auction to test it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300484793652

But I did finally see what Al saw with the images here at MC. I right clicked on the correct spot I guess and I was able to save a pic. I'm not quite sure where the correct spot is. lol. Tried to replicate it on another pic and failed. But went for it again on a 3rd pic and got it.

edit: when I right clicked on that pic at ebay, I got an option to View Selection Source. Some code popped up. In the code there was a .jpg address. I copied the address, pasted it in another window and the picture came up. And I was able to right click and save it from there. *whew deep breath*

I generally use Firefox for browsing. Firefox won't let me save the pix. So when I want a pic, I go to Explorer.

If that fails and I really really really want it, I take a screenshot.

I use Firebox with DownloadHelper plugin for capturing media from "problem" pages.

My link

I can usually grab pictures from almost anywhere and just drag them to my desk top...no copy , paste, download or anything just grab (click on them) and drag (while still holding your mouse key down pull the picture to your desk top and drop it there)...try it...Nancy

ha! thats cool! I never know you could drag photos to your desktop like that. Thanks nancy, thats a cool tip. Worked for me.

ha! thats cool! I never know you could drag photos to your desktop like that. Thanks nancy, thats a cool tip. Worked for me.

I like it when things work....I use Explorer, Firefox, & Chrome. Drag and drop works with all of them most of the time. Sometimes the picture may be 'trapped' as part of something else (an element, a PDF file etc...)and not saved as an image or a jpeg which may be the case with some of the E-bay pics but not most of them. Some of those you can drag (or copy and paste)into a blank document or into a G-mail message window (I don't think other e-mails have the drag and drop to download feature)and retrieve them from there. Another thing that helps copy difficult files is to download a free program called 'Cute PDF Writer' then when you have something you want copied (like a screen shot) you press the keys 'control' and 'P' at the same time which is the command to print and Cute PDF Writer will come up as one of your printer options, select it and then instead of printing save the file or picture or whatever where ever you want on your PC. But plain old drag and drop works about 95% of the time. I tried it on Marble Connection a minute ago. All pictures even Avatars drag and drop. That's how people take your photos and things from Face Book and My Space and that's probably how all the marble pictures that belonged to others ended up on that 'creep' guys page. That pop up window you got on the one picture was probably the URL address (a link) where the picture is stored online. When you see that you often have a second option to choose the image HTML which will give you the picture. (Photobucket will let you add HTML code to get a picture)....okay, that's probably more than you wanted to know....LOL...Have a great night...Nancy :party-780:

PS please ignore all the huge run on sentences...I'm too tired to edit tonight...

In Steph's case she needed to left click to enlarge. Then right click to "save as" or save. If you do "save as" it lets you name the pic at same time and where you can select where it can go. For "problem" pic like auctiva protection the press the right and left click at same time usually works. it does take practice though.

Hi guys if anyone is using a mac i can offer a tip. I have also found that it was difficult to grab pics from ebay when they recently changed their format. Unless the auction has images saved within the body of the auction messages, simply right clicking and doing a "save as" will not work. Most cases the seller (like Alan/marblealan) will generally just use the photo container option just to the left of the auction title as the sole image representation instead of providing it within the message body. This container when clicked will show you an enlarged image of the smaller format. If the seller has more than one image they will be displayed clickable in the right frame. This "jpeg" image is supplied through some kind of flash container and is not saveable via traditional methods. I have found a workaround to extract the images as follows. Download a free copy of a popular note clipping "clouding" app called Evernote. This app sits as an app on your computer and also sets an extension in your browser (except google chrome which has a limited variation of it). Once installed when right clicking on the enlarged image within the container an option to "Add Page to Evernote" will be displayed in a pop-up window. The provided page in Evernote now provides an extractable image that is saveable by traditional means. Hope this helps. ~ Tony

p.s extracted image supplied below from said auction as a example

• 1 year later...

In Firefox I use a free add-on called FireShot. It adds an icon in your right click pop up menu and allows you to select an area and save it as a JPG. It is a screen grabber program but you don't have to capture the entire screen. Works great. Go to the addon website and search for it.