New Peltier

Chuck G

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful mib,what size?Does it have a clear base or is it opaque?Better pics would help,there kinda fuzzy.Can you get a pic outdooprs in the sun?I see the flip flop but it has a Euro look to it or,hard to say from those pics. Thanks for sharing :)

Hey members, the salamander has either a transparent clear or light green base but hard to tell which because of the closeness of the ribbons and the difusion of the opaque green. Hard to tell from the small windows. I will try to get a few shots in the sun later, still playing with my camera. I want someone to post a photo of the same color combo in the swirl type to help prove a theory of mine. I will touch bases with this theory later if i see a photo of the swirl.

Hey members, the salamander has either a transparent clear or light green base but hard to tell which because of the closeness of the ribbons and the difusion of the opaque green. Hard to tell from the small windows. I will try to get a few shots in the sun later, still playing with my camera. I want someone to post a photo of the same color combo in the swirl type to help prove a theory of mine. I will touch bases with this theory later if i see a photo of the swirl.

No pic, but...How about an orange, blue, and white multi-colored swirl?...Salamander it is!

Great thread everyone,Steve I think it would need green also to make it a salamander?So we need a green ,orange,blue and white swirl.Might be some other colors in there too?pink,peach? :) Pics?

Marbo, If you have a Salamander please post it. As far as I know, this is the first we have seen. Charles M. Chucky found and named it and until this post I think only three of us had heard the name. BUT now the hunt is on!

When Chuck gets home, I'll bet he'll tell more.

Hey members, i spent the afternoon with another pelt guru and we dismanteled this pretty neat marble. Our discussion on this was this as follows. It has a transparent clear base as well as five distinct colors in it that can be actually seperated into green, blue, white, red and orange and as we found that there were no blends. Here is what i would like to do with this pelt which very possibly could be a multi-colored swirl but went into the nlr line. I want to see a photo of the same color combo in the swirl line that pelt made. In my opinion and theory that the same color multi-colored swirls were turned into nlrs sometime or visa versa. Love the discussions and thats where we learn more.

Chuck,

Absolutely gorgeous Peltier and a very rare one. I have one in my collection that came from Landon's personal collection. There maybe some with aventurine out there. I think it is a very short run Multicolor swirl with extra colors. I'll try to take a picture if I have a free moment around here.

Sami

Bo, my thought would be no. Both the structure and colors look different. I'm seeing a pretty distinct multicolor rainbo structure on Chuck's (3 distinct ribbons on each side). I don't get that multi-color rainbo feel from yours.

Plus, I'm guessing/assuming that a color arrangement close to Chuck's would be an important part of the salamander name. So not just any multi-color rainbo combo would do. The blue, white, red/orange and opaque green all being needed.

... is my assumption .......

Steph,my marble is a Peltier,and as far as color goes why would a salamander have blue and white as part of it's color scheme?Have you ever seen a salamander with blue and white on it?Why would those colors be required?The name salamander should be reserved for a marble that has the same color scheme as a salamander,such as mine green,red,orange.yellow.If we are searching for the mythical salamander then I am throwing my marble in the ring also.It's Pelt:)Yes it looks different,but as Steve said only a few have heard of it so it would be unfamiliar.Peltier made other transparent red base marbles.:)