Chuck G

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no av in that one chuck

i still vote hybrid,, because its not a known production run that means colors have been introduced into a pelt that shouldnt be there, theres no blends and no bleeds,, hey its your mib and if it were mine i stick it on the top shelf along with all the others,,, fun thread,, smile,, bj

Eat your heart out Chuck! This is my Salamander.

post-1558-129574293937_thumb.jpg

I looked for a picture of the 'machine made' salamander but gave up as it was late...glad to see it!...

I really love the pictures (especially the pictures!)and opinions of everyone on this forum. If anyone stops posting or sharing their opinions here it's a loss to me and I'm sure others who love learning about these things. Fortunately for me not everyone has the same opinion or after reading the first one I'd have nothing left to do but go to sleep, and that's no fun. I enjoy the guesses, the serious discourses, the fun facts, and I even enjoy the opinions, like mine, that are all wrong most of the time. Please keep sharing everyone.

Who would've thought that a small glass ball made for kids to roll in the dirt for fun could still be generating so much passion a hundred years later. I bet the workman who tossed the last marble of the day into a full crate at a small factory like the one Duffy shared today would've never imagined all the excitement it would be producing decades later. I often wonder how the marble I have in my hand got from where it started to reach me and how many kids may have carried in their pockets as their favorite...Nancy

Posted by Duffy today Historic Photos Discovered

post-2751-129575714862_thumb.jpgpost-2751-129575714703_thumb.jpg

post-173-129625651605_thumb.jpgpost-173-129625652648_thumb.jpgChuck nice marble. I think I may have overlooked them as I really look for the wild patterns in multicolor swirls. The one I have close to that is in a pale green matrix and the green I think is really white submeged with green glass over it. Mine has just the pale orange and no red but I think it may actaully be red submerged under the surface. The colors of mine are blue, green, orange and white with the ribbons running staight between the seems much as yours. May try to get a pic up.

Bill

• 6 years later...
On 1/21/2011 at 1:50 PM, marboman said:

Fire those are the colors I would expect to see on a peltier marble named a salamander,great marble here's my marble,Red transparent base with red, orange,yellow and green.Both ends are shown

post-1768-129564835049_thumb.jpg

post-1768-129564947749_thumb.jpg

I've had trouble placingb His Marble for a while. At first glance it resembles maser. This one has muddy base and is completely opaque. You think perhaps it lts I'm the same family!

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

Fire those are the colors I would expect to see on a peltier marble named a salamander,great marble here's my marble,Red transparent base with red, orange,yellow and green.Both ends are shown

I've had trouble placingb His Marble for a while. At first glance it resembles maser. This one has muddy base and is completely opaque. You think perhaps it lts I'm the same family!

One is transparent

One is opaque

One has eyelashes

One does not have eyelashes

One is common color combination for Master

Each are different color combinations

One is earthtones colors

One is bright colors

Each marble has one cut line similar. Each marble has one cut line different than the other marble.

Millions of marbles resemble two or more different makers. Try separating some Alley and Ravenswood's. Sometimes only one difference can point to a certain company.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:21 PM, wvrons said:

One is transparent

One is opaque

One has eyelashes

One does not have eyelashes

One is common color combination for Master

Each are different color combinations

One is earthtones colors

One is bright colors

Each marble has one cut line similar. Each marble has one cut line different than the other marble.

Millions of marbles resemble two or more different makers. Try separating some Alley and Ravenswood's. Sometimes only one difference can point to a certain company.

Those are all very valid points. It appears though that only the red or majenta transparent or purple-ish color. Now imagine if the Opaque or green is centralized in the center of the Marble. The red base like with most other Peltier Marbles of this era  would be forced to the surface of the marble and create a thin layer, muddying the appearance of the dark secondary glass. This would drastically change the overall appearance of the marble to the dull color of the marble in question.  As far as the eyelashes are concerned. If you notice they are not attributed to the cut, but the act of the layers of the opaque glass folding on top of each other.  like you would see on the cuffs of a pleated skirt. I do see your point that master did use this Color combination quite regularly. But as you stated in the end of your statement there are plenty of marbles with similar attributes and sometimes it is hard to tell them apart.  I am simply trying to identify this marble based on the cutlines very similar class flow patterns and undeniable characteristics shown. To give you an example. I took the same pictures of this marble and simply adjusted the Hugh saturation to 100%. This is the results I got. Since it's pretty hard to tell them apart when you do this the marble in question is the one on the left.