Maybe I Am Confused?

zaboo

Hey Dani.

That's Kevin's auction.

FeelingMarbleous.

So sometime's things aren't what they seem?

I thought that they were Champ's too?

Mud Snake??

that's a whole new name for me?

Dani, you have any of them thar

Mud Snakes??

http://cgi.ebay.com/AAM-MARBLES-AKRO-MUD-SNAKE-CORKSCREW-5-8-MINT-HTF-/180613100971?pt=Marbles&hash=item2a0d6135ab

marblemiser

I love watching these kind of discussions cuz I learn things. I can't add anything to the debate but let me add the pictures from e-bay so we can all see what the marbles under discussion are after the sales have ended. I love the pictures and am dissapointed when they're not there any more...Nancy

coral cac?

post-2751-129529872457_thumb.jpg

a champ...

post-2751-129529879371_thumb.jpg

Mud Snakes??

post-2751-129529874051_thumb.jpg

I dont think that is a coral. There are 3 different shades of corals from 3 different companies. At one time Les Jones had a pic of the 3 and from which company. Contrary to Galen and others, I think this is a CAC. The base is clear though with green filiaments inside making it appear green.

in this pic second vertcal row, second one down is an example that I think Kevin has.

post-175-129538481394_thumb.jpg

This is hte picture of Les' that Clyde was referring to. I used it as a guide for some time but a while back, someone (maybe Ron) pointed out that one of them was wrong - the Ravenswood was a Champion also. Les had listed these on eBay and they were CAC - Ravenswood - Champ

post-60-129538953742_thumb.jpg

I have also been confused the last 14-15 years that i have been around marble collecting. Many say,i am still confused today,LOL. I had problems when i saw many marbles being sold as CAC,and that same week,i saw the same marbles coming from the dirt at one of the WV swirl marble factories. The marbles below are just one example of several. I still saw these with tags at shows,listed on ebay,as CAC even in 2010. Years ago they were sold as CAC and for $50.00-$75.00 each. But once they became Alley the price dropped to $20.00-$30.00,but it is still the same marble ? I am confused again ????? Even in March 2007 i noticed a noted CAC collector,Kokoken bid on one of these on ebay listed as CAC. I contacted him(i still have the email)and give him the Alley info. He said that it was one of his favorite CACs. He managed to get a few from me at a much lower price,than the CAC price. We have to saty informed and be willing to change. Collecting machine made marbles is young compared to most collectibles. Not all the older information was correct and some of todays information may not be correct. We use what we have at the time,but that information could change or be updated tommorow. We have to stay informed,there are many ways to do it. If we do not,we can only blame ourselves. Apply the same questions as for other items,why,how,what is the proof,etc? Then decide for yourself,but be willing to change.

post-91-129559933283_thumb.jpgpost-91-129559935511_thumb.jpgpost-91-129559937877_thumb.jpg

Ron, beautifully said and yes, as the NEW info comes out we ALL have to take that in consideration and go with the flow when its all facts documentated and found. I want to add this one to the group as a coral type to and its pelt. Guy Gregg dug and found one under the foundation at Ottowa which i own now and it looks similiar to the other marble makers corals.

I have also been confused the last 14-15 years that i have been around marble collecting. Many say,i am still confused today,LOL. I had problems when i saw many marbles being sold as CAC,and that same week,i saw the same marbles coming from the dirt at one of the WV swirl marble factories. The marbles below are just one example of several. I still saw these with tags at shows,listed on ebay,as CAC even in 2010. Years ago they were sold as CAC and for $50.00-$75.00 each. But once they became Alley the price dropped to $20.00-$30.00,but it is still the same marble ? I am confused again ????? Even in March 2007 i noticed a noted CAC collector,Kokoken bid on one of these on ebay listed as CAC. I contacted him(i still have the email)and give him the Alley info. He said that it was one of his favorite CACs. He managed to get a few from me at a much lower price,than the CAC price. We have to saty informed and be willing to change. Collecting machine made marbles is young compared to most collectibles. Not all the older information was correct and some of todays information may not be correct. We use what we have at the time,but that information could change or be updated tommorow. We have to stay informed,there are many ways to do it. If we do not,we can only blame ourselves. Apply the same questions as for other items,why,how,what is the proof,etc? Then decide for yourself,but be willing to change.

post-91-129559933283_thumb.jpgpost-91-129559935511_thumb.jpgpost-91-129559937877_thumb.jpg

har .. har ... now i know where ALL them ladies .. are ... bill

I understand well Rich,it gets better with time,stay with it. Buddy Chuck,yes i forgot about that one,even after i knew about it and seen it. Now you have to find more of them and document it,one is a start to the hunt. Show me some more when i get there this spring.

Ron, beautifully said and yes, as the NEW info comes out we ALL have to take that in consideration and go with the flow when its all facts documentated and found. I want to add this one to the group as a coral type to and its pelt. Guy Gregg dug and found one under the foundation at Ottowa which i own now and it looks similiar to the other marble makers corals.

not at the same spot as guy's chuck ... but this is from ottawa also ... bill

post-75-129566559253_thumb.jpg

post-75-129566560745_thumb.jpg