Friends At Sistersville Marble Festival

sissydear

I got to meet Doug Watson. I regret that I didn't get to hang out with him. It was hard walking down the street. Took me 3 hours to get 4 blocks. I'd stop to talk for a few minutes and end up 30 minutes. Felt rushed the whole time. So much to do and see and so little time. I have a lot more marbles to show, vintage machines, new JABO's and hand made contemps. I just got home and it will take a few days to catch up. I still have to show what I got at Standing Stone too.

Thanks so much for the pictures Edna. Great to spend some time with you again. The picture with Roy Kays,i believe Tony may have grown some. I think that is John Ives with the WVMCC tye dye shirt on. John is vice president of the WVMCC. Great show,all accounts,good friends, good crowd,good times. To many freinds to list. The framed,signed,9 picture is still for sale,good eyes Mike.

it's my favorite festival too. I missed pics of Danny Grocki, Griff, and Phillip Arthur. Danny and Griff weren't at their booths when I was taking pics, but I remember taking one of Phillip. Funny how digital pics just disappear. Guess I'll have to do a better job of checking to see if the pic "took".

• 11 years later...
11 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Bump. Neat thread.

My one and only visit there was in 2008. Bought homemade cherry wine from Junior out of the trunk of his car, think it was $3 a bottle.

living in seattle makes it difficult to go to the east coast shows…

Ron looked good there, I now want a meditation piece from Bill Toll!!!

• Like 1