Saundra's Run

Bocci

I think I like Ann. I also like the other board where nothing "pissy" or "insinuating" or "downing some body's preferences" is allowed. Some of you said it would never work. Well, it is working and it's fun to be where people like each other and have respect for each others preferences. I don't ever buy for an investment. I buy because I like what I bought. I don't like German antiques, but my son does so I now buy those too and send them on to my son. You don't have to have "crap" on a marble board to keep it going.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the hell of it, I thought I would post because someone reminded me of my early years of collecting marbles in one of these earlier posts. My house burned pretty much to the ground when I was 15 years old. 30-40 years later my mom asked when I was going to get my marbles out of the basement. I asked "what marbles" as the house burned down and I lost all? She told me glass don't burn so come and get them. We got them and used them for decorating and let the 3 boys play with them and I had a wastebasket full of them. Started to see some of them selling for big bucks at antique shows and other and thought I had good stuff. Looked at marble books and decided I had marbles worth hundreds each. Not so. What was thought to be three hundred was less than $3.00. Anyway, bottom line was that I was confused 20 years before Jabo/Sammy's started doing any special runs. I did decide to research and learn though. Today, I purchased a couple jars with over 100 Peltiers for a small amount of money but I am really not too sure what they are as they might be Jabo's or Sammy's. People spend hundreds on marbles every day on Ebay getting nothing. Why not worry about every house sold being structualy unsound, a stock purchased that is going bankrupt in the morning, or a car sold on Ebay with a bad engine. People can't even get food or medical help. Thank God that mostly all we have to worry about here is the color of glass used in toy marbles by people trying to make marbles. Think about it!

Definitely crazy! :D

Or as we say in the D.C. area, Tow Cray!

Although I was sort of wondering about the meaning here.

'Make the Bocci board go away' sounds negative by itself,

but in the context here it sounded to me like it was a theoretical

situation meant as a compliment to the wealth of info one

can find at JaboLand. ( :

Sissy, It is also an unwanted opinion to many that these marbles are nice and good for the hobby. I could repeat what you just said for the opposite side. Sissy there are many opinions we are not going to agree on. It is a free country and a public board. That is why we should all get to express our opinion with out personal attack. I thought you supported that. Or is it just opinions you agree with that should be posted??? No need to answer. This is supposed to be about marbles and folks opinions about marbles. Not whether we believe any one should post stuff we do not agree with. So actually I will repeat, Can't you just let go of it.(giving me a hard time for having a different opinion)

it's not your opinion I object to. it is your incessant repeating of the same opinion. We all know your opinion. And yes we all know I don't agree with your opinion. That's why I keep posting marbles I like. I would love to see your marbles.

I also agree with Galen that he should be able to express his opinion doesn't matter if it is a repeat. New collectors coming into the hobby on a daly basis and we can't expect them to read posts form previous years. I see topics that were discussed years ago come back, because new posters did not go back and read everything in the archives.

Sami

Good-looking marbles! Any reasonably-knowledgeable collector should not mistake them for vintage, and if they do, they better start getting educated. That's the way it is with anything.

So Dave is making marbles again?

Bocci, Bob was right. My choice of bad words. I meant it towards a way that there is almost no info out there to identify the different runs. Except your board. Which is a good thing. The sad part is that if there wasnt a Jabo-Land board the new collector would find it an almost insurmountable odds of achieving their goalsto identify each of the runs.

Cathy (sorry not sure if with a C or K) , all of the Sammys Mountain Marbles has been with Dave at the helm.

Mibs, you are not seeinga lot of the ones most likely to fool many folks. And did you read the part where they fooled one of the top and most educated west virginia swirl collectors and author. I would say with complete clarity that if he can be fooled 95%+ of all marble collectors can be fooled with many of these marbles currently being made by Dave and Sammy.. Of course I have seen thousands of them and 10s of thousands of the Vintage varieties.

Hey, Clydetul62!

Thanks for the response.

The words really weren't bad at all.

I don't think Bocci or most people took them the wrong way.

But because of my respect for him and his board I just wanted

to cover the remote possibility that some people might. ( :