Heaton/Bogard Cats Range of Variation

I gotta think those are actually Vitros, and still it could be a legit bag.

Bill Heaton had a good relationship with Art Fisher of Vitro.  Could have gotten Vitros to help fill orders if production fell short.

2 minutes ago, Steph said:

I gotta think those are actually Vitros, and still it could be a legit bag.

Bill Heaton had a good relationship with Art Fisher of Vitro.  Could have gotten Vitros to help fill orders if production fell short.

I think they could be experimental Heaton - the dark edge to the yellow vanes is common enough with Heaton and I've not seen that blue/red combination on Vitro's...

The 70's Champion bags are a good source of Bogard:

champion.jpg

1 Champion swirl, 4 Champion? patch/ribbon and 15 Bogard cats of varying types. I think Bogard were the main suppler of Cats Eyes to Champion for a few years. 

1 hour ago, lstmmrbls said:

Did not know Champion made patch ribbon marbles.  But I do know thousands of those headers were found and then used on bags filled with all sorts of stuff

The trouble with Champion bags is that both Champion bought in and repackaged other companies marbles as well as later sellers - there's no real way of telling them apart. The only marble in this bag that I'm really positive is Champion made is the one swirl. I picked up a couple of bags from a dealer who claims they came from the Champion warehouse (the other bag is a mixture of clearies, game marbles, swirls and Bogard cats). I've no way of verifying they were packaged by Champion or not, but there's no modern Jabo's or anything that is obviously out of place.