Vitro lovers look here 🥰

Rooster

45 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Wow them are nice Parrots 👍

Thanks, Dave. The only real Parrot is the middle one.  The outer two have colors veneered on clear transparent base glass - sort of like a 4-color Tiger Eye. Chuck B. called them "Vienna Parrots".

On 1/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, Ric said:

Or these . . .

Ric471.jpg.c4095a63ae35cc83df18de584981ee8e.jpg

Hey Ric - do the two mibs at the top have a particular name? Or are they just Tri Lites? I just found a few with the same colors, same order of colors, and measure a little over 11/16". Thanks!

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Hey Ric - do the two mibs at the top have a particular name? Or are they just Tri Lites?

These are oversized too and, as far as I know, they do not have a specific name - just nice TriLites.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:31 PM, Ric said:

Thanks, Dave. The only real Parrot is the middle one.  The outer two have colors veneered on clear transparent base glass - sort of like a 4-color Tiger Eye. Chuck B. called them "Vienna Parrots".

Now that I take a 2nd look I can see the transparent glass had me tricked lol 

On 2/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, Ric said:

I really like a Vitro with "black" . . .

RicA0006.jpg.718ea4932167116d21b23697ebcc0912.jpg

crazy pattern on this one.

that’s a wild one Ric 👍

6 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

Some of my vitros, just love ‘em.

I love 'em too. That's a great assortment and nice display. You must have a lot of patience to organize them so neatly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

I love 'em too. That's a great assortment and nice display. You must have a lot of patience to organize them so neatly.

It actually doesn’t take much time to organize them this way, just lay out the washers and look at them multiple ways quickly to make sure they line up. Did the layout in about an hour. Now I just need more shelf space. But because we have two dogs and a cat who loves to jump up on shelves and bat things off I am confined to this one room. Wish I had endless amounts of money, I’d invest in fancy glass shelves that have doors so the cat couldn’t jump up onto the shelves. 

Our cat got into my room a couple of weeks ago and jumped up onto my Peltier shelf and Cairo shelf and batted every single marble off of them. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. Luckily somehow none of the marbles got damaged…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, PittsburghMarbles said:

It actually doesn’t take much time to organize them this way, just lay out the washers and look at them multiple ways quickly to make sure they line up. Did the layout in about an hour. Now I just need more shelf space. But because we have two dogs and a cat who loves to jump up on shelves and bat things off I am confined to this one room. Wish I had endless amounts of money, I’d invest in fancy glass shelves that have doors so the cat couldn’t jump up onto the shelves. 

Our cat got into my room a couple of weeks ago and jumped up onto my Peltier shelf and Cairo shelf and batted every single marble off of them. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. Luckily somehow none of the marbles got damaged…

Need a pic of the cat🙃

• 3 weeks later...