Vitro lovers look here 🥰

Rooster

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Clear base , that green patch really throws its color

It's part of what makes glass so cool and Art Fisher was a master at using a tiny bit of color somewhere to make a clear base look colored.

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's part of what makes glass so cool and Art Fisher was a master at using a tiny bit of color somewhere to make a clear base look colored.

The glass on some of those Conquerors is sooooo clear ..I have just acquired a few with those bright colors .. in hand they definitely pop ..

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

The glass on some of those Conquerors is sooooo clear ..I have just acquired a few with those bright colors .. in hand they definitely pop ..

There are some old DuaLites that are basically just a white patch on clear but there is just a touch, and I mean a tiny bit, of color on the bottom side of the patch and it makes it look like the base is colored. I think I've seen 3-4 different colored ones. I think it was a genius way to save money since, of course, the colored transparent glass would be more expensive to produce than clear.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

What is the parameters for an aquamarine 🤔

There is some variation, of course, but generally they have aqua (from aqua blue to aqua green) with red (from brighter red to sorta burnt red to Vitro oxblood) and brown (from creamy brown/tan to dark brown)  on a white base, and usually the more/darker brown the better. Those that lack brown are called Aquamilks. Sorta tough to describe in words but here is a group of Aquamarine variants to look at. The one just left of center in the middle row is closer to an Aquamilk (more white and a more buttery color rather than brown).

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_01/Ric474.jpg.09b95a7ba3f2c59f8f0e571c8acff4f5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Award 2

11 hours ago, Ric said:

There is some variation, of course, but generally they have aqua (from aqua blue to aqua green) with red (from brighter red to sorta burnt red to Vitro oxblood) and brown (from creamy brown/tan to dark brown)  on a white base, and usually the more/darker brown the better. Those that lack brown are called Aquamilks. Sorta tough to describe in words but here is a group of Aquamarine variants to look at. The one just left of center in the middle row is closer to an Aquamilk (more white and a more buttery color rather than brown).

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_01/Ric474.jpg.09b95a7ba3f2c59f8f0e571c8acff4f5.jpg

Very nice mibs Ric thx for the group shot of different variations of them 👍

On 3/25/2023 at 6:35 PM, Ric said:

Aquamarine with Vitro oxblood?  I believe my first Vitro oxblood example in hand 👍

20230327_130739.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

My new Parrot with 6 V's on it. It may be a reach, but they are there!

1. Yellow
  2. Orange
  3. White
  4. Orange again
  5. Purple
  6. Blue

17/32nds

Vparrot5v.jpg

The size makes it a parakeet. Parrots are typically 7/8” or so.

nice score!