Akro product

39 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Here are 2 ashtrays modified by Stonecrafters as part of the WPA program, along with a postcard.

1F494ED8-DFD4-46C3-A7DC-527D0433F087.jpeg

Very nice collection, got my first ones like those, hopefully adding more soon 👍, like those modifieds!

3 hours ago, Mojo said:

My first Akro products 😁👍

Going to be a habbit also 😅

20210806_183159.jpg

20210806_183411.jpg

20210806_183739.jpg

20210806_183716.jpg

Nice, Nice, Nice!! I'm so excited for you, Mojo! Find it treasure hunting or buy them online? Coincidence you picked up the exact same kinds of ashtrays I found? 😊

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 2:43 PM, schmoozer said:

Here are 2 ashtrays modified by Stonecrafters as part of the WPA program, along with a postcard.

1F494ED8-DFD4-46C3-A7DC-527D0433F087.jpeg

Thats the first that I have heard of the WPA thing. We have a few like them and they are more special thanks to your info. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akroorka said:

Thats the first that I have heard of the WPA thing. We have a few like them and they are more special thanks to your info. Thanks for sharing that.

You got that right, that's some nice stuff 👍

I think it was discussed earlier in this thread regarding gearshift knobs....I grabbed a couple of pics of the 2 that I saw months back in Winona, Minnesota at an antique mall there. The consensus I believe was that Akro possibly never produced gearshift knobs. I didn't have the attendant open this cabinet as they were pretty busy with other customers but so here they are. Thought I would share. It's not a suprise that these are still sitting here after all these months, pretty pricey! Sorry for the glare in the pic of the gearshift knob still attached to its hardware, it was a little difficult because these displays are crammed full of stuff. 

20210807_112200.jpg

20210807_112212.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William said:

I think it was discussed earlier in this thread regarding gearshift knobs....I grabbed a couple of pics of the 2 that I saw months back in Winona, Minnesota at an antique mall there. The consensus I believe was that Akro possibly never produced gearshift knobs. I didn't have the attendant open this cabinet as they were pretty busy with other customers but so here they are. Thought I would share. It's not a suprise that these are still sitting here after all these months, pretty pricey! Sorry for the glare in the pic of the gearshift knob still attached to its hardware, it was a little difficult because these displays are crammed full of stuff. 

20210807_112200.jpg

20210807_112212.jpg

At that $ I’d sell mine😁

21 hours ago, William said:

Nice, Nice, Nice!! I'm so excited for you, Mojo! Find it treasure hunting or buy them online? Coincidence you picked up the exact same kinds of ashtrays I found? 😊

I got them in a trade William 👌

10 hours ago, wvrons said:

Me Also. For that I have some for sale.  Akro didn't make any. 

Thanks for providing the facts on this earlier this year....at the time I was unsure so glad I posted about it then. Don't think I would have dropped that amount of cash unless they were legitimate and VHTF....would had to have been a way more affordable price than that, too. Still have people trying to pass some off as the real deal on Ebay 🤔 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the lion may be a Summit Glass Co. Product called "Oscar the lion" intended as a paperweight instead of a lid?? Not aware if Imperial & summit are linked or not ?? I googled "Imperial glass lion" & a slightly different looking lion was pictured & being used as a lid ?? I have to admit they are very similar except for the foot. & intended use.

Summit: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvKQHxVEXSZiSe_KiVmFh0WDrp8wvg:1629959038790&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Summit+Glass+co.+slag+lion&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiMj4XMhs7yAhW0KH0KHQ7IB-EQjJkEegQIHxAC&biw=1242&bih=603

Imperial : https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvKH5gEKlJsfJa7Tq9-p6WxCxdIt6g:1629963414913&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=imperial+slag+glass+lion&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi7xd7yls7yAhUBKn0KHS51AVUQjJkEegQIBRAC&biw=1242&bih=603

2 hours ago, Mojo said:

Summit Glass Co

That's one nice piece, Joep! You definitely scored on it. I might have guessed Westmoreland Glass myself. As Chad mentioned, alot of the animal slag you will find out there are 2- piece in the form of bowls, candy dishes, etc; but there are also some pieces by various companies that were made for other uses. By the way, how big is your Lion? And could you take a picture of the bottom? Once again, not Akro, but nice "Slag Glass Score" 👍

3 hours ago, William said:

That's one nice piece, Joep! You definitely scored on it. I might have guessed Westmoreland Glass myself. As Chad mentioned, alot of the animal slag you will find out there are 2- piece in the form of bowls, candy dishes, etc; but there are also some pieces by various companies that were made for other uses. By the way, how big is your Lion? And could you take a picture of the bottom? Once again, not Akro, but nice "Slag Glass Score" 👍

12cm long and 7cm high

Big Cat , and its my top piece among the marbles 

20210824_164350.jpg

I googled "Summit slag glass Oscar the lion" says & shows it's a paperweight not a lid like the Westmorland or Imperial pieces. According to the V circle stamp showing on the bottom it is "Summit"

LINK : https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvK3GLlMzzlVrgRtvwNfEIPgbXQxow:1629990734871&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=summit+slag+glass+oscar+the+lion&sa=

LINK :  https://www.ddoty.com/makermarks.html

image.png.3f8a860dd17272fc257938403846bb5b.png

image.png.3feeb95395099e5686d694d8f3d484cd.png