Well in most cases "the grey ribbons overlay the red" I see a bit of red on the outside of the greyish looking ribbons. I have a pic of a proven Greycoat. I see more blue than grey in yours, it could be my monitor ?? maybe you could relay your thoughts and how it looks to "you" in hand. Here's a pic of a greycoat to look at in the meantime, this one is from an old Ebay sale, size is 13/16ths. 

image.png.5d24190a164393dc81f86757376bafea.png

Yours is very close !!

image.png.39c3ac3feea1a0400449c9ae82a3c51c.png

Just found the old Ebay sales listing for the Greycoat, it even has a good sized chunk out of it and still went for well over a grand. Glad I held onto a copy of this sale !!

image.png.3801752ef0a6ed2312530190354f929a.png

• Award 1

25 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Well in most cases "the grey ribbons overlay the red" I see a bit of red on the outside of the greyish looking ribbons. I have a pic of a proven Greycoat. I see more blue than grey in yours, it could be my monitor ?? maybe you could relay your thoughts and how it looks to "you" in hand. Here's a pic of a greycoat to look at in the meantime, this one is from an old Ebay sale, size is 13/16ths. 

image.png.5d24190a164393dc81f86757376bafea.png

Yours is very close !!

image.png.39c3ac3feea1a0400449c9ae82a3c51c.png

Just found the old Ebay sales listing for the Greycoat, it even has a good sized chunk out of it and still went for well over a grand. Glad I held onto a copy of this sale !!

image.png.3801752ef0a6ed2312530190354f929a.png

Wow! how many other marbles did you buy with that!! LOL

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Wow! how many other marbles did you buy with that!! LOL

Not my marble "I wish" here's a pic of another one and a link on the subject from AAM. The grey ribbons also overlay the red in this example. I locked up the correct spelling g of grey and a or e are both correct. Here's the link & the other pic.

LINK :  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16421&p=135008&hilit=peltier+graycoat#p135008

image.png.8838c5559c6d86fc704fcd4d31fdc9fa.png

• Like 2

Nice pelt Gladys thanks for posting more pics                                                      cool thanks for the pic of the grey coat Chad ,i've only seen two other pics of them and Gladys looked similar in the group shot ,i think they are one of the hardest named pelts to find ? if not a grey coat is it a Liberty     Edit   yes Chad i think it looks very close too  it might make the cut 🧐

Edited by Dave 13
more words
  • Award 1

Just now, Dave 13 said:

Nice pelt Gladys thanks for posting more pics                                                      cool thanks for the pic of the grey coat Chad ,i've only seen two other pics of them and Gladys looked similar in the group shot ,i think they are one of the hardest named pelts to find ? if not a grey coat is it a Liberty 

There are no pics of a greycoat on the Pelt I.D. site, I looked far and wide just for these few. Gladys's is certainly one that you could have a debate about ?? Either way a very nice marble Gladys.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Nice pelt Gladys thanks for posting more pics                                                      cool thanks for the pic of the grey coat Chad ,i've only seen two other pics of them and Gladys looked similar in the group shot ,i think they are one of the hardest named pelts to find ? if not a grey coat is it a Liberty     Edit   yes Chad i think it looks very close too  it might make the cut 🧐

wouldn't that be nice! if an awful skinny one if it does! lol Thank you so much Dave♥