Oxblood August, It kind-of rhymes.

8 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I would not mind having it--it is a nice marble regardless of the damage. Pretty rare indeed.

Marble on and go with what you have!!

Thanks bro...👍I love this mib . Mabye if the marbles roll my direction I'll find another..lol.....

But the games this bad boy must have been in .....it was then  and still is a favorite ..

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

An example of how the oxblood is on the surface...

Wish this wasn't my example....🥴. But it's a good one 😂 

20210331_202448.jpg

20210331_202458.jpg

Back in the 1990's The Marble Lady: Cathy Runyan-Svacina: Home | The Marble Lady (square.site) 

Coined the name 'Chocolate Oxblood' patch or swirl. There's a bonus once you know the 'Chocolate'  base color, mixed blend too:  They are very hard to find and for such only few know: Yet, beyond the Oxblood; Occasionally, you can find this base color-mix Cathy Calls, 'Chocolate' in multicolor cork screws and of the dug-up hand-gathered Akros.

• Award 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Jeff54 said:

Back in the 1990's The Marble Lady: Cathy Runyan-Svacina: Home | The Marble Lady (square.site) 

Coined the name 'Chocolate Oxblood' patch or swirl. There's a bonus once you know the 'Chocolate'  base color, mixed blend too:  They are very hard to find and for such only few know: Yet, beyond the Oxblood; Occasionally, you can find this base color-mix Cathy Calls, 'Chocolate' in multicolor cork screws and of the dug-up hand-gathered Akros.

Thank you that is come cool info 👍

3 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Is that an opaque light blue as in an MFC Persian verses the various opaque- simi-opaque found in 2004-5 at Akro?

Well, It does look blue-ish/white-ish in hand. Imaging will always be a bit off for me, and for many that post here. It is not as blue as it looks in my images. 
I do not think that it is an Akro.
Thanks and Marble—On!!

So, here's an Elias Greiner Vetters Sohn H-G, Clear, white and Oxblood fat tornado core that's a closeup shot for detail of Oxblood. However, the shot for grainy or pigmented texture in the chemicals mixing does not show as well as I'd been trying to get. Old photo with my junk, by today's standards, Cannon SLR digital camera. 

1504483651_EliasGreinerVettersSohnGroundpontaloxboodinclearfatTornadoclose-up.jpg.78e2bd1d48275c4a28537bc60b284199.jpg

• Like 2