Oxblood August, It kind-of rhymes.

Ric,

Sweet marble that one. I have never seen one quite like it.

Is it Akro?--sure looks like it from here. Does it cork? Corkscrews alway pop up with color combo's that amaze me.

I refuse to be gun-shy and will call them like I see them, depite all of the contract runs. I looked at this one like I was going to buy it--lol.

Marble--On!!

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Ric,

Sweet marble that one. I have never seen one quite like it.

Is it Akro?--sure looks like it from here. Does it cork? Corkscrews alway pop up with color combo's that amaze me.

I refuse to be gun-shy and will call them like I see them, depite all of the contract runs. I looked at this one like I was going to buy it--lol.

Marble--On!!

It's a Jorkscrew - JABO. There are a few killers out there. And I have seen very well seasoned collectors fooled by them.

The old adage, "if it seems too good to be true . . ." definitely applies in some cases. Like, "That's either the nicest Akro I have ever seen, or it's a JABO". lol.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

8 hours ago, Alan said:

n6k05e.jpg

94Preu.jpg

This is a really great marble alan. It looks played with and not dug. With all of the research that you must have done, what is your opinion on the maker. I would guess that it was handmade from my angle. Maybe from an outhouse dig.

Marble--on!!

12 hours ago, Ric said:

These are the 1" marbles that came with my Babe the Blue Ox (Paul Bunyan) Toy.

Ric577.jpg.0360ed777ab3c5c25b1a0b9381a7782c.jpg

A couple have a little AV in the green.

Simply a great group of patches.

Try to find these if you are back-filling a box--9/16" seems to be the norm. 1" is not an easy find for sure.

Marble--On!!

7 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This is a really great marble alan. It looks played with and not dug. With all of the research that you must have done, what is your opinion on the maker. I would guess that it was handmade from my angle. Maybe from an outhouse dig.

Marble--on!!

I have gone on the premise that it may be American, possibly Leighton....but I haven't given it much thought.  Single gather.  I purchased it 20 years ago in Baltimore without any attribution from another dealer who only deals in machine mades and didn't want to carry it.

Here is the shear:

WiQkkF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Award 1

"Akro French Drain"

I should have put  this in my original post on page one. I wanted to thank "Alan" for pointing me in the right direction and finally helping to I.D. this marble and it's origin, thus another link in Akro marble history was revealed.

image.thumb.png.8462be2822f3b184aa69538fbe067ab4.png

19.PNG

24.PNG

• Award 1